It's on it's way

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Maritimer

It's on it's way

Post by Maritimer »

I just got a email from BJ ( it was a pleasure to deal with him) telling me that my exocet 200 is on it's way. I have never shot or seen anyone use a crossbow before, but I have to admit I am getting rather excited. I feel like a darn kid in the candy store. I am sure when it arrives I will probably have lots of questions. :D :D :D :D :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Sam In Northern ont

Post by Sam In Northern ont »

They are sweet bows , i have been shootin my new phoenix and its right on the money. Sam
Digger

Post by Digger »

Just remember to watch the video tape that comes withyour xbow before you assemble it, it will save some headaches if you haven't done it before. Also look at the videos on the home page it will also help.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/video.html

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
BUCKSHOT

Congrats

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Way to go Maritimer!
Heed Diggers advice, there is a lot of info in the video's. For more info look at the FAQ on the Excalibur web site. Beyond that you know where to get an answer for any question! :wink:
These guys are awesome!
Happy Shootin'
Enjoy the Harvest!
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Like the guys say, both the video and FAQ have a lot of useful information.

I bought a scope for mine. Following the instructions provided with the scope, I was able to sight it in within an hour. From a rest, it was shooting bolts into a circle the size of a quarter at 20 yards... usually with two holes touching.

With better bolts, I'm confident it would shoot with all holes touching and maybe even into the same hole.

It's that kind of accuracy that drew me to Excalibur in the first place.

My only regret was not investing in a set of Gold Tip bolts from Wayne - but since you ordered from him, you may have those on the way as well... the general concensus is those are about as good as it gets.

Enjoy it!!!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Have fun with your Exocet Maritimer, and don't forget to send pictures of it and what you bagged. Good luck, talk to you later.

Grey Owl
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Maritimer........It's not CANDY, is more like a drug! Welcome to OUR addiction.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Congrats!!! :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Maritimer,

We have all been there. You have a couple of sleepless nights ahead of you until your baby arrives. I was the same last year :lol: :lol:

LoneWolf had it even worse when the post office lost his for two weeks last spring. (or so they say, I think the posties were using it for a spring turkey hunt)

BJ is the best and you should get it shortly. Congrats, you will be VERY HAPPY with your excalibur. if I was buying a new bow I would go with that model, let us know where we pick up our cigars. :wink:

Nick
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Congrat's ya will love it :!: :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Springbrook Al

Post by Springbrook Al »

Hi all! Me,too! Me,too! I expect mine to arrive next week, or so. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. I've been searching this forum for months, and through it, I decided on an Excal, and on BJ. Many thanks to all who read this, and good luck with your new xbow!
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Lucky,lucky,lucky. Mine was ordered earlier this week. Dont know when Ill get it.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Welcome to the forum Springbrook, you may need counseling after you get your Xbow, we all have.

Bye the way where ya from?

In the next, Ohhhh..... saaaaay....... 50 years or so, I'd just like to meet one!! just one, other Excalibur member from Saskatchewan.

Yours truly
Grey Owl
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Thanks for the info guys. I have to admit it's comforting to know that I am not the only one sitting around waiting impatiently.Image
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Welcome.....this is a great forum with great members who shoot great crossbows....did I leave anything out?

Oh yeah...there's this guy named gary.....he's the man!!

Won't be long we'll be shooting at some Ohio 3-D shoots!!