Wasp Jack Hammer?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Spencer Ray

Wasp Jack Hammer?

Post by Spencer Ray »

Hey guys I was checking out the wasp jackhammers mechanical broadheads. I currently just use the cheap fixed blade cam lock wasps with 1 1/16 cutting diameter. I like the 1 3/4 inch cutting diameter, what do you think of this broadhead for deer and turkey? Thanks, Spence.
wabi

Post by wabi »

An awesome hole through a deer!!!!! I've killed 4 or 5 deer with them, but do some serious testing before hunting with them! I ran into problems with them opening in flight from the Exocet. At 294 fps they were OK, but when I changed arrows and went to 310 fps they opened in flight. Not bashing them - just warning to test any head before hunting with it!!!!!
wabi
speedball

Post by speedball »

Dont know much about for turkeys but i did kill a decent 7 point two years ago with one he ran 4 yards and fliped upside down, but like wabi said be concerned with the blade retention system, if i were you i would stick to slick tricks or spitfire's, but thats my opinion- I've taken alot fo deer with spitfires and they NEVER let me down...speedball............ :P :P :P
gone huntin never to return................
Spencer Ray

Post by Spencer Ray »

Thanks guys, if you double banded them would they stay closed in flight? Thanks, Spence.
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Spence

I have taken many deer with the Jack Hammers, never had a problem and the deer all dropped within view of my treestand.

People have mentioned they open up in flight, so I put two "O" rings on just in case.

When I used thunderheads, blades tended to break off inside the bodies; hence the switch.

Oneshot........
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
hunteatsleep

Post by hunteatsleep »

Wasp jak-hammers rock!! Major entry and exit holes and perfect arrow flight every time.I only need to use one o ring on my vixen bolts because it shoots well under 300 fps with 2117's.Right now i'm using 2113's cut at 18" with a 75 grain field point and it flies at 280 fps for 3d.I also use the 75 grain jak-hammers for whitetails.