Sad news

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks again to everyone .... I have read and printed out every post to date , and will pass on everyones messages of support , kind thoughts , memories and prayers to Mike's family ....

I will be signing off for a couple of days as there are many tasks ahead that need attention .... Thank-you all
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

My condolences go to his family.
Kdog

Post by Kdog »

What a loss. Mike will be greatly missed by many. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Kdog
A.W

Post by A.W »

I too just read, this morning, about Red passing away and was completely shocked.

Please give my condolences to his wife and family.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
jackpine

Post by jackpine »

He will live on! Death ends a life, not a relationship. Red Label will live on in the hearts of many, a true testament of a great man.

Cheers Red Label,

Jackpine
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

just read about Red Label and I like everyone else am just shocked. I am somewhat new to this forum and have mostly just read and haven't posted much but I do know that this forum has lost a knowledgable member and from what I have read from his posts a very kind and generous man. My condolences to his family and many friends.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
fletch

Post by fletch »

I just opened this and cannot believe the bad news. Please pass on my condolences and sympathy to his family and friends. He was very helpful and knowledgable on this forum and I am sure he was the best to his friends.
MC

Post by MC »

My God, this is sad indeed and still cannot believe it! :o :cry:
I had the priviledge to shoot a round of 3D with Mike in essex county,
what a great man he was, I truly enjoyed his company.
I loved reading his posts so much. He will be dearly missed.
The hunting community has truly lost a monarch. May his spirit be with us.

To Mikes family, My deepest sympathy and condolences, thinking of you
Beech

Post by Beech »

I have not logged into the forum since January, but for some reason I had a feeling I should see what is going on with everyone. I am speechless to here about Mike. My thoughts go to Mikes family and friends............ Beech
axis

Shoot

Post by axis »

Hey, You guys should have a Red Label 3D shoot in his memoir. Just some thing to think about.

Axis
Isis

Redlabel

Post by Isis »

I am just about to get ready for Mikes funeral. I went to the visitation last night with Vern, RJ, and Sandman.
I have only known Mike since the begining of last years hunting season.
The first time I met him we were going on an early season goose hunt.
My first contact with Mike was a face on the passengers side of RJ's truck on a dark side road at probably 5am. I was with Vern.
We went to our field and put out the deeks, didn't have too much time for chat at the time. We had a pretty good hunt, and went to breakfast where I got a chance to meet Mike properly.
I had the priveledge of hunting with Mike only maybe 4 more times. One pheasant hunt and 2 or 3 deer hunts, and got to really like him.
My last hunt with Mike was also memorable. It was the week between Christmas and new years.
I was posted just off a back road at a spot where I could see deer had been crossing. I was there for about 1 1/2 hrs and no more than 3 cars came by in that time. At 8am Mike was going to drive the bush across the front of us on the other side of the road. I heard him go across the front of me, banging his stick on a few trees. I had been watching this one spot all morning at a position of about 10 o'clock from me. Mike had been by me for about 10 mins when this deer appeared in this very spot. I thought it was a doe with a bad hair do but it might have been a buck that had dropped his rack already. At about the same time the deer appeared I heared a truck coming up the road from my right, I looked to see a truck loaded with big logs. Im thinking this deer is going to wait for the truck to pass, I can't shoot before as I had visions of a truck on its side and maybe me buried under alot of logs. Well the deer crossed in front of the truck with not too much to spare and vanished into the bush to my left. I went and took a look but it had gone.
I walked down the road and met Vern who was driving Mike back to his truck. I got into the back seat with Mike and related the story. We dropped Mike off at his truck, and I never saw him again and now this makes me very , very sad.
Rick Teal

Post by Rick Teal »

I dropped in today for the first time in about a month, and was shocked to read this thread. I never met Mike, but bought a bow from him last summer, and he impressed me as being a real class act.

Having read many of his posts, I know he will be sorely missed around here.

My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.
I hunt, therefore I am.
Rickey

Post by Rickey »

I didn't really know him but would lilke to send my condolences to his family and friends. I have read some of his post and they were great. He will be missed here.

God bless!!
Shoot straight and know your target.
To good hunting and good friends!!
Rickey
Gerard Dick

Post by Gerard Dick »

:shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: I've been spending very little time here because of family issues. Decided to come in for a look around and I am floored by the news of this tragedy. Thanks RJ for representing us at the funeral. Prayers are going up for the family. Cheers Red Label you will be missed.
we get too soon old and too late smart
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I too was very saddend by this news. When I first joined the forum last year RL was one of the members which stood out to me as one of those individuals who not only enjoyed the outdoors but had a great passion for it. This was always evident in his posts and amazing photos. I did not know him personally, but I'm sure I would have liked him from the first handshake.

We all die sometime, so make the most of each and every day. Mike you will be missed.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!