Sweet deal at a sportsmans show

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

canadianhunter312

Sweet deal at a sportsmans show

Post by canadianhunter312 »

went to the toronto sportsmans show and was looking for a nice pack. so i came across the camelbak booth and thought they were sweet. so i really want this big pack they have but buddy tells me he isnt selling, just a factory rep. so i look at the catalogue and the msrap for canadian $$$ was almost $200.

so i leave and come back 30 minutes before the show closes and is done here till next year. i see it there still and walk up to him and throw $80 on the table. he says whats this for. i tell him its for my new pack and i go grab it.

so he thinks for a good 5 minutes and it was obvious he didnt want to sell. so he says na best i could do is 125. so out of the blue my girlfriend slams (literally) $20 on the table and says thats the highest he is going. the guy was in complete shock and so was i!

i now have a new pack that sells for $100 or more in US $$$. heres a link.

http://www.camelbak.com/rec/cb_prod.cfm ... 11&CATID=6

its an awesome pack with too many (didnt think it was possible) compartments. took me a while to figure out everything it had.

scott
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Very nice! The "Ranger" is pretty nice too.
decee

Post by decee »

This storey is why even though I live in Kanada I do almost all my shopping in the US.
I am tired of getting ripped off in Canada
Why does this item deserve a MSRP of double that in the US?
A google search shows the item available for $84 USD.

I recently purchased a Beta Chrony from Midsouth shooters supply for $83 USD. The same item is $145 CAD at LeStore. The item is MADE IN MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO about 2 miles from LeStore.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

The deals were there ot be had - you just had to put the cash on the table just like you Z(and your gf) did.

F