Kentucky Crossbowing.......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Kentucky Crossbowing.......

Post by Woody Williams »

Folks,

I recall back when we were helping Hoss's buddy get a crossbow so he could go crossbow hunting. A LOT of us kicked in to help ONE person go crossbowing.

This opportunity here is to help the Kentucky crossbowers have their own season along with the vertical archery hunters is helping a hundred thousand to go crossbowing.

Some folks joined in right away even though they knew they would probably never hunt Kentucky. They realized that this is not about hunting in Kentucky or even belonging to another crossbow organization, but it WAS FURTHERING THE ACCEPTANCE OF CROSSBOWS EVERYWHERE.

I appreciate the fact that these folks kicked in $10 to help us. I am disappointed that more of you all did not join and help.

We ALL need to stick together in this fight to help other hunters and their choice of archery hunting gear.

I would appreciate it if every one of you could search your hearts and minds and re-consider helping.

PM me on here for details..

It is only $10..

THANKS..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Here is a Kentucky buck I got last year..

Hopefully more people will get that choice down there this year..

Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ooH YEH, NICE w.w. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Very nice buck. I wont hunt there but i sure sent my ten bucks out last week.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Woody I think helping our fellow man is a great idea, however I fail to understand how an out of towner would be allowed to join and vote to support an organization in a foreign juristition. I would equate it to allowing a Canadian to vote to elect the President of the USA. I think it would only give the anti's no less ammunition than if the x-bow manufacturers donated to the cause.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Anyone can belong to about any organization that they want to.

I'm quite sure that the United Bowhunters of Kentucky (the anti-crossbow people) would have no problem taking dues from anyone, anywhere, anytime.

As individuals in the organization we would not have individual votes, but the organization would as a whole.

Yes, it helps to support organizations that we agree with no matter where they are at.
Woody Williams

gwhilikerz

Post by gwhilikerz »

ComfyBear wrote:Woody I think helping our fellow man is a great idea, however I fail to understand how an out of towner would be allowed to join and vote to support an organization in a foreign juristition. I would equate it to allowing a Canadian to vote to elect the President of the USA. I think it would only give the anti's no less ammunition than if the x-bow manufacturers donated to the cause.
I think I am correct about this. If the UCBK (the new xbow org.) can be recognised by the League of Kentucky Sportsmen then It would get two votes with the league. That would be the same number the UBK (anti-xbows) gets now. We need that recognition in order to be able to counter any moves the ubk makes inside the league. I am not all that well informed about lks/ubk/ucbk/kdfwr/legislature/ governor and how it all fits together. But I am sure a post to multidigits thru Woody could explain it very well. What i do know is that as a member of UCBK a non-resident would have an equal vote as a resident member of UCBK.
gwhilikerz

Post by gwhilikerz »

ComfyBear wrote:Woody I think helping our fellow man is a great idea, however I fail to understand how an out of towner would be allowed to join and vote to support an organization in a foreign juristition. I would equate it to allowing a Canadian to vote to elect the President of the USA. I think it would only give the anti's no less ammunition than if the x-bow manufacturers donated to the cause.
I think I am correct about this. If the UCBK (the new xbow org.) can be recognised by the League of Kentucky Sportsmen then It would get two votes with the league. That would be the same number the UBK (anti-xbows) gets now. We need that recognition in order to be able to counter any moves the ubk makes inside the league. I am not all that well informed about lks/ubk/ucbk/kdfwr/legislature/ governor and how it all fits together. But I am sure a post to multidigits thru Woody could explain it very well. What i do know is that as a member of UCBK a non-resident would have an equal vote as a resident member of UCBK.
dw

Post by dw »

i find it pretty amazing that a state the size of kentucky can't come up with 25 people of it's own to support thier own cause.
'dw"
"you gotta love it"
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Woody : They should be getting my membership fee soon ( I mailed it last week ). I got a couple of buddies sending their's in tomorrow .

A small price to pay to support some brothers .... What goes around comes around ! You never know when we might need some support some day ?

Come on guys ... lets at least help get the 25 target behind us !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

dw wrote:i find it pretty amazing that a state the size of kentucky can't come up with 25 people of it's own to support thier own cause.
'dw"
DW, you do make a good point. As the saying goes, "The Lord helps those who help themselves"

I'm not trying to be onery or step on any toes, but what surprises me is that they are leaving it to Woody W. (from Indiana) to try to recruit the members needed. Could it be that they are not interested in using crossbows.

If so, maybe if there's members of this forum who're from Kentucky, they can explain why. :?
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

CB,

They are working hard down in KY too and getting members too. The more the merrier..

This is NOT just a state battle line drawn.

Look at the BIG picture.. This battle WILL be fought in EVERY state.

Thanks R. J.
Woody Williams

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Woody sorry if I sound less than enthused, but that's not the case. I did my part and some to try to help when I visted and voted on the UBK. I even emailed my concerns (see email below) when I noticed that not enough people were voting YES.
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:24:24 -0500
[ Add to Address Book | Block Address | Report as Spam ]
To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Message from UBK Website, from Avid Archer

This change was caused by yet another computer geek figuring out how to run up the numbers. The first time this happened last week, we had no account of "who" actually voted yes or no, so we had to reset the polls. In an attempt to track down the individuals who are responsible, we added a second layer of monitoring to the polls because of this sensitive issue.

Saturday night at 10:38pm, our friend from 2 specific IP addresses found yet another way around by posting results from another source. Because of our efforts with the backup polling, we were able to tell ACTUALLY how many people voted one way or the other. We've restored the poll to the actual voting numbers, and have recorded the data against this individual.

We are terribly sorry for the confusion. I'm not at liberty to say who the person is, but can assure you the person responsible is obviously pro-crossbow and is trying to manipulate the system.

Thank You
Kenneth J. Kloeppel
Software Development

email: [email protected]
office: (502) 589-4638
cell phone: (502) 797-1489

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 11:16 AM
To: Kenneth Kloeppel; [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Message from UBK Website, from Avid Archer

I'm confused, it seems there's a problem with your poll on the KDFWR's March 4th decision.

The last time I visited your web site, a couple of days ago, the votes were 368 for YES, and 332 for NO. Now the NO Votes are only 266, and the YES are only 128. Obviously, the poll is being manipulated to show support for the NO side. Who ever is "playing games", is only fooling themselves. WHY EVEN BOTHER.
http://www.unitedbowhuntersofkentucky.org/

Not that the poll means squat, but when I check the above link, I'm surprised that there isn't more YES votes, and it's not because I didn't do my part.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I've seen these types of polls all up and down the line. It ends up a battle between the die hards as to who can dump their cookies the fastest and re-vote again and again. If one side takes an extreme advantage then it is because that side's person(s) had more time on their hands or is more computer literate than the other side. It’s called "fighting fire with fire."

The poll is MEANINGLESS regardless of which way the "vote" ends up.

Kind of fun though..
Woody Williams

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Woody, I don't think the anti-xbow folks at UBK have the 'puter savvy to run up the numbers, that's why they resorted to deleting a "pile" of YES votes.

Yes, I just as you, know that the poll is meanless, but it still would be nice if more legit support was shown from the xbowers, and they didn't sit back and depend on the "computer geek" to do their work for them. Don't they know it's tiring work. :wink:
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings