Black Bear with my exocet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BALLZ

Black Bear with my exocet

Post by BALLZ »

I would realy like to take a big black bear this year, i think im all set with a good area to hunt up in Bancroft at my hunt camp where we have lots of bear hanging around. My hunting buddy would also like to take a bear this season so i wont have to lug all the bait in myself. We both shoot the 175lb exocet, and i thought it would be alot better of a hunt if we took them with our crossbows, it looks like im on my own though cause my buddy thinks im crazy and would rather use his remington 270. I think if he is going to use a rifle he sould use a bigger one then that.
I was woundering if any of you guys have taking any big bear with the bow and is there any particular setup that you could recomend. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
A GOOD DAY IS ANY DAY SPENT IN THE WOODS
Mark

Post by Mark »

Exomag 200 , goldtips , rockymountan snyper head , 20 yrd shot ...50yrd recovery M/L

Wait for the quartering away shot...the exocet WILL do the job.

Mark

Last edited by Mark on Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk
jeff

Post by jeff »

No worries. I've taken two bear with my bows. One back in 2000 with my new Exocet and one last year with my new Exomax. Complete pass through with both bears. If your buddy is worried about going out alone stay together and have someone video. When I go alone I always take my shotgun with me.

later

jeff