Crossbows in Quebec

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LoneWolf

Crossbows in Quebec

Post by LoneWolf »

Hey guys,

Just wondering what hoops we have to jump through to have crossbows included in Quebec's regular archery season ???... and I mean EVERYWHERE in Quebec..

Woodsman, have you heard anything about this ?

I know there has been talk about it but that's exactly what it is right now, just talk.

I think it' abouts time that we kinda give it a little push to speed things up a little.... What do you think ?...

any input is welcome, please.

Thanks for your time,

LW
decee

Post by decee »

Maybe you should post this in the en francais board

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... um.php?f=2[/url]
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

decee wrote:Maybe you should post this in the en francais board
And why not here???.. :?

With all do respect, but I don't need anyone telling me where I should post my threads!...

There are many Ontarians who would love to hunt Quebec with the crossbow during the regular archery season!...

LW
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

LW,

Is there any move to legalize crossbows up there right now?

In your legislature or the MNR?

BTW - Post where you want to...

There are no restrictions for anyone..

Besides I cant read French... ;)
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Thanks WW...:)

Right now, the crossbow is to be used only during rifle or black powder seasons, unless you have a disable permit. With the acception of 3 WMU's which is in the ZEC if i'm not mistaking. I would have to look into it in the new regs for this year, but I don't think much has changed...

As for myself, it don't matter as I don't hunt with firearms, so I hunt with the crossbow during the rifle season... And it's real tough getting close or having a slow moving deer for a good shot during that time of the season!

LW
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

Same as Alberta. Until last year, it was illegal to own a crossbow unless you had a disabilty. Now we have to work on the gov to let us hunt during archery season.......
decee

Post by decee »

re:
With all do respect, but I don't need anyone telling me where I should post my threads!...

Just a suggestion because there would be a lot of people from Quebec there that might have a better handle on the situation

With all due respect don't dump on me just because someone defecated in your oatmeal this morning
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Let it be fellas. No need for rebuttles or backtalk.
Lonewolf you know where you stand and that should be good enough.
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

I don't eat oatmeal!...

And in my business, I do have Ontarians as guests..

LW
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Who is reponsible for making changes up there?

That is the folks you need to work on.

You need to "sell" the crossbows as MORE opportunities for hunters (little impact on the game) and MORE revenue for Quebec.

Money talks..
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

Somebody pissed in my cornflakes yesterday! :lol: :lol:

It seems to me there are very few crossbow hunters in Alberta, is it the same in Quebec? My brother and I have property in Wakefield and would love to do some hunting there one of these years.
Last edited by Herbinator on Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Thanks WW, I'll look into that!...

LW
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

decee wrote:Just a suggestion because there would be a lot of people from Quebec there that might have a better handle on the situation
Well, you do have good a point!...

I didn't mean to jump the gun...

LW
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Herbinator wrote:Somebody pissed in my cornflakes yesterday! :lol: :lol:

It seems to me there are very few crossbow hunters in Alberta, is it the same in Quebec? My brother and I have property in Wakefield and would love to do some hunting there one of these years.

What I have found t is that MOST of us are hunters first and then we are "in love" with our equipment.

Most hunters see a rifle, bow, crossbow or whatever as just a means to go hunting.

Most only shoot just enough to remain proficient with the hunting tool they choose.

So if a particular piece of equipment is NO legal to hunt with there is very little interest in that equipment.

FAST FOWARD - Legalize a piece of hunting equipment (such as Georgia and Alabama did) and almost every hunter will become interested in it. They can now use it for what they like to do - HUNT.

Sort of like the movie - "Field of Dreams". Build it (or legalize it) and they will come.

The states that have legalized it have seen a boost in hunter numbers and revenues. Plus it gives then another tool to manage the herd.

Woody Williams

GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I know what you mean Herb., Saskatchewan is predominetly a rifle province. Crossbow!!!! what's that?? I only know one guy that hunts with a Excalibur Xbow, and he's way to busy to join the forum, too bad!!

Tell me, in Alberta can you hunt during the muzzleloading season, or just during rifles??

Grey Owl