QUITTING SMOKING

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JUSTANUFF

QUITTING SMOKING

Post by JUSTANUFF »

FOR WHAT IT MAY BE WORTH,,I ALSO AM MAKING EFFORTS TO QUIT THAT EVIL "WEED".IT'S NOT A HABIT,ITS A NICOTINE ADDICTION.MY TARGET DATE IS APRIL 30TH...MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT TO MYSELF AND LOVED ONES.IT'S SUBCONCIOUSLY CRAZY!!ANYWAY,,,I AM READING A BOOK ON IT WHICH IS REALLY HELPING ME TO GET MY MIND IN THE RIGHT PLACE AND TO BEAT THE LITTLE MONSTER INSIDE MY HEAD.IF ANY OF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE TITLE AND AUTHUOR OF THE BOOK I WILL BE HAPPY TO LIST IT. :!:
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Ok I will wait and be a follower! Chime in fella.
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

JUSTANUFF,

Good Luck with it...

Smart thing to do!..

Please do post the name of your book you're reading, it sounds like it may help me from continuing burning my lungs out. Besides, the amount of money I spend on cigarettes in a month is enough for a monthly car payment!...:shock:

Thanks,

LW
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

For what it is worth, I quit a two pack a day habit, about 16 years ago. I can't even stand to be in a room, where there is smoke. I quit cold turkey. It was tough. Now, for some shocking news. My mother-n-law, was a 2-3 pack a day smoker. She tried many times, patch, hypnotism, group therapy, and nothing worked. She saw an ad about a laser clinic, to help smokers quit. It cost her $450 US, She has not had a puff, since November. My father, was a two pack a day guy, and after hearing of my mother-n-laws success, he had it done in Jan. If I did not see it, I would not believe it. Not a puff with him either. In fact, both said they did not even crave one. Just something to ponder. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
canadianhunter312

Post by canadianhunter312 »

just think of all the cash you will save when you quit. i tried a smoke when i was 15 and laughed at others smoking. its all in your head! you just think you need it.

providing you smoke a pack a day that is:

$8/day, $240/month , 2880/year, in 10 years its almost $30,000!

that could be alot of hunting stuff, a new car, hefty mortgage payment, ect.

scott
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

UGGHH...i smoke like a friggin' chimney especially at work, and i'd love to quit...pm me any hints or tips thanx----STEEL
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Cold turkey...

Why wait until your birthday?

If you are going to do it... do it now..

"Try? What is try? Either do or do not" -Yoda
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

LoneWolf wrote: the amount of money I spend on cigarettes in a month is enough for a monthly car payment!...:shock:
A buddy of mine at work is a professional Bass Fisherman. Here he is... http://www.ottawafishing.com He quit 3 years ago for that very reason. He figured he could buy a lot of fishing equipment for the amount of money he spent each month on smokes.

To help him with his cravings, he used a drug his doctor game him "Zyban" or something like that. I'm sure most of you smokers have heard of the drug. He says it worked wonders for him but others have told me it did not help them at all.

Good Luck with quitting JUSTANUFF.
STEELWORKER wrote:UGGHH...i smoke like a friggin' chimney especially at work, and i'd love to quit...pm me any hints or tips thanx----STEEL
Move to Ottawa, they have banned smoking in Bingo Halls, Bars, Restaurants, just about everywhere :wink:
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:roll: :roll: I am too quiting ,as I said in an earlier post april 1st. I am a little nervous but feel I can do it this time !! Mabey we all can act as a support group? I see a lot of $$$$ I can save . I started when I was 12 and I am now 48 now, I think I have pushed my luck far enough. Good luck to all of you that decide to take on this challange, Remember 2 month's and a new bow!! :lol: :lol: GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Fred S

Post by Fred S »

Just "do it". It will be hard but the results will amaze you. I quit cold turkey in 1966 after 18 years of the things and never looked back. The first three days were the hardest, but after that "nuttin'", did put on a little weight though, but nothing to worry about................Good Luck
HAPPY HUNTING
Digger

Post by Digger »

I quit cold turkey Dec 31st, 1985 after smoking 2 packs a day since 1956 and never looked back. I didn't quit for my health tho,they were going to $20 a carton, and I was a cheap son of a b*tch back then . :evil: :oops: :cry:

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:D :D :D I smoked for almost 30 years....last day of turkey seaon last year May 31st I quit....used the PATCH for 2 weeks....have not had a smoke since!!!!!!!!!! Nothing too it if you really want to quit!!!!!!!!! :wink: To those that have tried & failed, they really didn't want to quit to start with!!!!! Good luck....Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Here is a site that can be of help to all of you that want to quit..

http://www.philipmorrisusa.com/en/quita ... _flash.asp
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
JackZ

Post by JackZ »

Zyban Worked great for me 3 years ago.

Now I and the wife go to some place near the equator each winter for a week with the cash.
What is the better way to spend it?

JackZ
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Zyban also worked for me. After a day or two, it gives you the feeling that you just smoked one.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray