Fishing season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Maritimer

Fishing season

Post by Maritimer »

I am looking forward to the start of halibut fishing, they are so much fun to fish. They are so good to eat and they put up one heck of a fight.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

That would be so fun to catch them! We are limited here to Walleyes, Bass LM and SM, Perch, Crappie, Northern, Sheephead, and Carp.

I mainly go after Walleyes and Crappies.
Last edited by Boltejector on Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Boltejector when I lived in Ontario I use to fish for walleyes all the time. I also would fly fish for bass and northerns. My wife favorite fish to eat are walleyes.
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

I like the challenge of catching walleyes. Bass are easy, crappies can be easy if the bite is on. Northerns fight nice. Perch can be fun cause they have the same tendencies of Walleye. Everything else is not meant for catching.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Im looking forward to it too. Gotta put a new floor in the boat and haul it up to camp. Love that Lake Erie fishin. Walleyes, Perch, Bass[we catch and release], and Steelhead. Its so nice to get out there out of site from land and get away away from everything. So peaceful on a nice day. :) :)
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

What type of boats do you fellas have?
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

The one we use to fish for halibut is my friends and it is a 17 foot Double Eagle for it can get really rough fast on the west side of the island. The boat I have is a 14 1/2 foot Naden, I use that for the lakes and also when I go salmon fishing, better gas mileage.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Boltejector wrote:What type of boats do you fellas have?
I got a 20 foot Crestliner Boltejector.
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

That beats me. I have a Lund Tyee 1850 with a 150 horse Mariner and 15 horse Merc.
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

i have a 12 foot johnboat with a 5.9 evinrude motor....it floats and thats all that matters u showoffs :wink: ------STEEL
BUCKSHOT

Halibut

Post by BUCKSHOT »

When I was 14 yrs old I went fishing off the South Shore in N.S with my Pappy, I snagged onto a big fish with a hand line. It turned out to be a
21 lb Halibut. Pap was more ecxited than I was and also very willing to help me haul him in.
The Halibut you have on your trailer look to be 30 lbs +, is that rite?
Good fighting and good eating them babies, really good in the smoker as well!
Good luck this season!
Enjoy the Harvest!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Nice fish Maritimer, they must put up an awesome fight!.

Nice boat Golden Eagle... 8)

I'll be fishing out of a 16' PrinceCraft "Starfish" this season!... :D

LW
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Buckshot we figured that the large one was 125 pounds and the smaller one was 70 pounds. We did not have a scale, but all you have to do is measure the width and length then use a formula which estimates the weight fairly accurate.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

I'm jealous - we just got little bitty fishies around here!

I've already been out twice though - couple bass first trip out (last Friday), skunked the second time (yesterday).

Looking forward to things warming up - almost time to start casting for muskies!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

My favoruite fishing is for spring northen pike,trolling and castng the shallows in reserve la Verendrye. You never know what kind of monster will hit. I love to fish them all...walleye(which we call dore in Quebec, meaning golden), small mouth bass, rock bass, moon eyes, perch, sunfish, channel catfish, muskies, coregone, speckle trout, ...heck anything that swims and has fins etc. :lol:

I have quite an assortment of boats too. Starting with a 12 foot fibreglass, 2 aluminum boats, 1 pontoon boat, and a bowrider with an inboard...and that doesn't include a couple of inflatables. ( I like to be on the water! Maybe I should open up my own mini marina. :wink: )

...can't wait for ice out! 8)
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.