Another use for WD-40 Believe it or not!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maddog

Another use for WD-40 Believe it or not!

Post by maddog »

For you WD-40 users. This is no joke. Last year, while on a fishing pier in Rehobeth Beach DE, fishermen were spraying their bait with WD-40. They said that fish were attracted to it!
Now, Im no fisherman, but I personally saw a couple flounder caught in this manner.
This appeared to be a common practice and some think a fish product is in the WD-40
Any body else ever hear of this?!

Bill
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Yes. :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
canadianhunter312

Post by canadianhunter312 »

from my experiences fishing when at newfoundland i have found that mackeral, cod, flounder, scolpin will hit pretty much anything you throw down there.

halibut are a different story though

scott

PS. im not newfy just went a few times for holidays
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

My dad has used it for years!!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I saw a documentary a long time ago where researchers accidentally spilled their bait bucket in the oily, gassy bilge. They had no choice but to use the bait anyway and they got massively hit, where the pre bilge bait did not.

F
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

wildwindom wrote:My dad has used it for years!!!
Quite giving away my scrects.... :lol: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

Post by Guest »

:roll: :roll: :lol:
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

i have heard and seen people usin it here to...but dont get caught.----STEEL
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

It keeps your lures from rusting also. :lol:
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:D :D I've personally used it for salmon fishing in the Sydenahm River in Owen Sound with great success!!!!! When nothing else was working my buddy took out some WD40 & sprayed our bait with it & within seconds we both had a fish on!!!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

I've heard it works well on Steelhead, keeps them from rusting after they have been exposed to salt water. :wink:

Sorry I couldn't resist. :lol:

I sprayed a hint of it on my exposed exomax bolts that had a bit of rust on them after I hunted in the rain or wet snow. Seems to have removed the rust.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Had an old, old, real old snowmobile, 2 stroke. Couldn't deep the dam thing running after a cold start up. Yep the old WD-40 sprayed directly into the carburator keep her running.

One guy tried telling me he had arthitis in his elbow, sprayed some on, it cured it. I may call bullshit on that one!!!!

Grey Owl
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

GREY OWL wrote:Had an old, old, real old snowmobile, 2 stroke. Couldn't deep the dam thing running after a cold start up. Yep the old WD-40 sprayed directly into the carburator keep her running.

One guy tried telling me he had arthitis in his elbow, sprayed some on, it cured it. I may call bullshit on that one!!!!

Grey Owl
I saw a news story on that years ago - they interviewed a few folks that used it on their knees and elbows and they swore by it.

Using it for fishing though, I can't bring myself to do it - I mean no offense to folks who do, but there are enough pollutants in the water without adding to it. Besides that, I went to a lake once where someone had sprayed a LOT of WD-40 - the rainbow of colors on the water was pretty - but rendered my polarized "see fishies in the water" glasses pretty much useless.
Kjay

Post by Kjay »

I was just gonna say the same thing they arent smelling the wd-40 but, the wd-40 is oil based. Were oil is unsoluable in water therefore no odor to the fish. So you spray your lure with WD-40 it is basically putting a mask on all other scents on the lure to the fish. Have a good one, fellas and tight lines.

Kjay
BUCKeYeHunter

wd-40 for arthritus

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

my grandmother had acute arthritus and she used it everyday for years<she never swore so i'd say i can't say she swore by it but it seemed to work well for her and she even prefered it over presc. medicines.don't tell the pharmacutical companies......they'll wanna ban it for some weird reason.