O/T DONT U CANADIANS....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

STEELWORKER

O/T DONT U CANADIANS....

Post by STEELWORKER »

miss hockey at all?....i mean damm i'm from pa and i'm used to watching the play-offs right now. even though my penguins would not be in it anyway....well thats a different subject. but seriously if they didn't have a football season here in the U.S. im sure people would be burning and pillaging everywhere :lol: .........from here it lookz like you dont care----STEEL
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I'm a big Leafs fan but I can't say I miss them. I'm so ticked off at the players that it has soured me on hockey. Not only that but the game has gone down hill over the last few years. Hockey isn't what it use to be and the ownership in Toronto is not interested in winning the cup so I can live without it. The worst part about being a Leafs fan is you have to put up with all the history they ram down your thoat. Wow Sittler, Clark, Gilmour, etc. Yes great players but no cup. How much longer are they going to drag poor Johnny Bower out and talk about the glory days. So I'm enjoying the break and to tell you the truth I'm still not over the Leafs bringing in 105 year old Ron Francis because don't you know he will be a future hall of famer but they didn't think they could use Gilmour. :?
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

hell yea Hockey..thats a beer drinking time and a half Steel..

How ya been buddy?

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
BUCKSHOT

TML Parade

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I heard on the radio that the Leafs are having a Parade down Young St.
They are going to celebrate their longest run without a loss! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
decee

Post by decee »

Why would we miss hockey?
We have parliment!
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Steelworker,
You sure stuck your finger in my wound. I feel hollow like a part is missing. Regular season is one thing, but the playoffs . . . Man, I guess my shed hunting activitiy will be up this year.
Kendo kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Too Pi$$ed at both sides to miss it. Let them fight like a bunch of spoiled children and suffer when they both lose money the next few years. We have great Junior Hockey we can follow and other things to spend our time and money on.

Besides, we have bigger things to gripe about. Gas hit $0.94 a liter here, that's like $2.95 US for a US gallon. How much are you guys paying for gas down there?
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Partikle wrote:Too Pi$$ed at both sides to miss it. Let them fight like a bunch of spoiled children and suffer when they both lose money the next few years. We have great Junior Hockey we can follow and other things to spend our time and money on.

Besides, we have bigger things to gripe about. Gas hit $0.94 a liter here, that's like $2.95 US for a US gallon. How much are you guys paying for gas down there?
I know on my drive to Arizona I was paying anywhere from $2.09 - $2.79 a Gallon in the U.S.
As far as the Hockey goes,, well I did miss it, now I'm just sick of the millionairs whinning about who gets more of the pie...
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
A.W

Post by A.W »

decee wrote:Why would we miss hockey?
We have parliment!
Don't forget Dalton McGinty and all his pre-election promises. Now that he's in he's telling everybody to "puck off". :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

I was SUPER pissed!! Being from the Calgary area and going to most of the playoff games last year (company tickets), it really hit home... We had one of the most spactacular runs (don't deny it leaf boys!! :lol: ) since we last won the cup (89). The city was crazy for the Flames! Every vehicle had at least two flags on it, the red mile was legendary....... I'm getting all choked up thinking about it :cry: . Nobdoy will remember our run, all they will remember is the strike that followed. Anyway, I was super pissed, but now I'm over it. Those players are a bunch of millionaire babies. They will, and are paying for it. The NHL charity games are drawing hundreds, not thousands... The fans are sending a message. Thank god we have the Hitmen!! (WHL) They are going all the way! I could go on and on, but it just makes me sad.... thanks for the reminder :cry:
Tom

Post by Tom »

Do we Canadians miss hockey. Well there is still alot of great hockey. There is Junior and Minor hockey which is fabulous. The NHL game has changed to much to represent the true game any more. The other games are much better (more heart, energy and commetment).

As for blaming the players, that is silly. I feel the owners are more responsible than the players. Who on this site would not transfer jobs to another company that is willing to pay you alot more money to do exactly what you are doing now. Free choice of where you work is what FREEDOM is about is it not. The owners want the players to forgo freedom as well as to cure the spending practices of a few owners.

Oh well enough of my ranting. They have changed or want to change the game too much for me to care any more. Instead of changing the game to increase intrest, they need to educate the fine points of the game like defence.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
huntman

Re: O/T DONT U CANADIANS....

Post by huntman »

STEELWORKER wrote:miss hockey at all?....i mean damm i'm from pa and i'm used to watching the play-offs right now. even though my penguins would not be in it anyway....well thats a different subject. but seriously if they didn't have a football season here in the U.S. im sure people would be burning and pillaging everywhere :lol: .........from here it lookz like you dont care----STEEL
LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

That's bad enough, but it's even worse when you calculate it in Canada dollars and imperial gallons. $.94 / liter = $4.27 / Imp. Gal. :shock:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Partikle wrote:Too Pi$$ed at both sides to miss it. Let them fight like a bunch of spoiled children and suffer when they both lose money the next few years. We have great Junior Hockey we can follow and other things to spend our time and money on.

2.19 for regular
2.29 for mid grade
2.39 for high test

in South West Penna. and climbing. There saying 2.80 by Summer for regular. Im glad I got a couple of rice burners gettin 35 MPG for our work and the truck will go to fishing camp with the boat and stay there for the summer.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'm Canadian but I could care less about watching hockey. I love playing it but watching it puts me to sleep sometimes. I like watching Don Cherry's hockey tapes though. The Rockem sockem ones or whatever. That's about it.