Speaking of the gun registry............

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Speaking of the gun registry............

Post by ecoaster »

I have a few guns which have been registered in my name. I believe some form of documentation was sent to me years back, but I don't have it now :roll: . I also have my "posession only card" because I bought these guns before the stupid gun registry.

My question is............if I'm going out turkey hunting this fall (will be my first season hunting Ontario with a gun), do I have to have some documentation on me proving I own the gun or is my possesion only card good enough??? I beleieve the burden should be on these Liberal ass#$@es to know if the gun is registered!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

The onus is on you. Just like you must show a Cop a driver's licence to prove you have one, you must also produce your POL and registration for the guns you own if asked. Like it or not, that's the law.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

You must be a criminal!

You are a hunter; and you have comited a crime!

You should confess your sin and tell your gov;t immediately!''''

TY
]'

iminal
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

I registered all my guns. They sent me something in the mail for each one, but I've never carried the actual paper registration with me. We were checked last fall goose hunting and the F and W guy never even looked at our guns. All he cared about was that we weren't using lead shot. I think you have to really piss them off for them to get all technical on you.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Here is a link to the CFC FAQ. Hope this helps.

http://www.cfc.gc.ca/faq/default_e.asp#16
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Guys

The enforcement of the firearms registry has been left up to the Federal Gov't by most of the provinces. That's why Conservation Officers, who are provincial law enforcers, in most provinces have no interest in whether or not a gun is registered.

However, when the RCMP officers who are enforcing the Migratory Game Birds Convention Act do their checking on you, you had better have your POL, PAL, or FAC, it had better be still valid, and you better have your proof of registration for your firearm.

Also, in some provinces, when the Conservation Officers do a Stop Check, sometimes they are accompanied by RCMP. The C.O.s won't ask for anything more than your hunting licence, but you had better have the paperwork to show the RCMP.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

It's sounds like a good idea to have all the paperwork on hand. Now I have to find them.... :?
Armadias

Post by Armadias »

Trust me guys.

Anywhere in the city of Ottawa you HAD BETTER HAVE your papers and up-todate. They have no sense of humour whatsoever.
From very bad experience.

Bob
paulslund

Post by paulslund »

turkey hunting this fall...
Is there going to be fall hunt in Ontario this year? If so, that's news to me...
hawg hunter

gunregistration

Post by hawg hunter »

i don

Ido not know alot about Canadian gun laws but you gun lovers had better get together on the political band wagon are your going to end like the aussies :!:

Post by Guest »

What in tarnation is a gun registry??
Heck, we don't even need a permit to carry a concealed, loaded handgun on our person or in our vehicles. And to think, some call us Vermonters,... liberals. :roll:
Registry??! We don't need no stinkin gun registry! (Think Blazing Saddles) :lol:
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Is there going to be fall hunt in Ontario this year?...
Not that I'm aware of...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Hey Carl, the Gun registry is a big waste of time and money by our government,,, They figure if you have to register your guns, it will get the illegal guns off the street :?
Makes alot of sense to me,, I'm sure the criminal element is going to register there guns for sure,, Scratched out serial numbers, no serial numbers,,, Give me a break :evil:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Sliver wrote:Hey Carl, the Gun registry is a big waste of time and money by our government,,,
Our government is a big waste of time and money!...

They give out crack kits here in Ottawa so the crack heads can come and steal your "registered guns" to make some money to buy their crack !... :? :roll:
Ontario Trophy Bucks
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

wrong thread..
Ontario Trophy Bucks