$98 Million bucks set aside to end DEER HUNTING !!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XBHUNTR

$98 Million bucks set aside to end DEER HUNTING !!!

Post by XBHUNTR »

$98 Million bucks set aside to end deer hunting and bowhunting in North America ! The USA's largest anti-hunting group has launched a new legal department to challenge sportsmen in the courts.An Animal Protection Litigation section was created in the wake of the recent merger of the Humane Society of the U.S. and the Fund for Animals.Jonathan Lovvorn was selected to head the department. The organization intends to add four litigating attorneys by the end of the year.
" The animal rights movement sees the courts as the easiest way to realize it's anti-hunting agenda," sais U.S. Sportsmen's Allaince Vice President Rick Story. " Anti-hunters are in court right now to halt black bear hunting and kick sportsmen off public lands. The move to implement an HSUS Animal Protection function so quickly and the commitment to the program's expansion prove that it is a priority for the newly formed mega-anti-hunting rights group. "
Lovvorn has been a partner with Meyer & Glitzenstein, the Washington, D.C. law firm used by the Fund for Animals in legal battles against sportsmen. He will assume his duties as vice president on January 1, 2005.
The merger of the two anti-hunting groups was announced on November 22, 2004. It will formally occur on January 1, 2005. The new group will have as much as $98 million in annual support to derail hunting and traditional wildlife management in the United States.
After the merger, the new organization will continue to be known as This articlethe Humane Society of the United States. It has stated that the abolition of hunting and trapping will be priority issues. Deer hunting and bowhunting are the first forms of hunting that the group has vowed to eradicate. This article is in the Canadian Outdoor Heritage Alliance magazine. E-mail at : [email protected] Web page at: www.coha.net I personally that we as hunters , should support and be aware of their activities! Ray X B HUNTR #298.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

If the HSUS was seriously concerned with welfare of animals they would use the $98 million for conservation instead of fattening up the bank accounts of urban legal-beagles. It's surprising how many animal lovers are fooled into thinking that their donations go towards animal protection, when in reality they are used to finance the antis personal activities. It's a sad state of affairs that so called formally educated folks can be mislead and fooled so easily.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

sence the majority of the law makes were raised in hunting familys I don't see this happening in my life time. Plus we have the auto ins. companys on our side with bigger Buck$ to spend. Let them waist their money.
FlyingAce

Post by FlyingAce »

ComfyBear's comment reminds me of a quote from Star Wars, "Who is more the fool, the fool of the fool who follows them..."

I have a big problem with the Humane Society and their anti hunting antics. I'm not sure how popular this comment is going to be, but I think they are trying to divert public attention from their defunct ability to handle the overpopulation of companion pets. Instead of animals being held for a reasonable amount of time, at least here in Spokane, captured or surrendered animals are euthanized at the end of the day with no questions asked, period. Granted, there is probably more to it, in their eyes anyway, but that is how things look from here.

Not to sound melodramatic or anything, but they're going to have to pry my guns/bows from my cold dead hands before I give up my heritage, traditions, and God-given rights. Sorry, I had to vent :twisted: :!: :evil:
Jim Mace

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." Gen. George S. Patton

Flying Ace Enterprises Inc.
[url]http://www.flyingaceinc.com[/url]
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I have a cousin who runs a Humane Society shelter in Ontario. He has worked for the Humane Society for around 25 years. For years I would borrow his camper to go deer hunting and on many occations I would drop the keys off to him at his office. The entire staff at the shelter knows me and knows I'm a hunter. They always ask how we made out and congratulate us when whe got something. My cousin was a hunter at one time in his life but has lost interest so he gave me his firearms and when I get something with one of "his" guns he gets a kick out of it. I have never heard a negative word about hunting from anyone at the shelter. They are passionate about animals and if you bring up the topic of puppy mills around them look out. It is unfortuneate that they have been hijacked by the anti-hunting movement. I think this comes from the higher ups and not from the people on the ground doing a fine job. I don't donate money to the Humane Society but I believe in treating animals in a humane manner as I know all of you do as well. I have read alot of posts relating to hunter ethics on this site and I know that we all try to harvest our animals as cleanly as possible. It is too bad we are almost forced to bash this organization because of a radical stance against hunting.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Shakky,
The HSUS has nothing to do with your local animal shelter!!!!!!!
The HSUS is an anti-hunting group that used a well know and well established name (humane society) as part of their name. A brilliant move that has fooled probably millions of people into supporting them.
In my opinion, sportsmen should launch a massive advertising campaign to expose the HSUS for what it really is - anti-hunting!
wabi