You guys were right, about Robin Hooding

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Whyitsmike

You guys were right, about Robin Hooding

Post by Whyitsmike »

Hello Again Everyone,

It's me Mike out here in California, and the day before yesterday I was shooting my Vixen at an indoor range at 18 meters. The first set of 5 shots tightly grouped, but then during the second round I became a member of the Robin Hood club, my first bolt went in then I shot #2 and I heard this strange sound, kind of like fingernails on a chalkboard, so I went to the target and low and behold, my second shot pierced right through my first bolt, the rear of my first carbon bolt was fanned out like a Badmitton Birdie. Needless to say I was shocked, I heard you guys all say it but did not really think it was possible for me. I do not have a digital camera but I did take a few pics with a disposable one I bought after shooting that day, and the two bolts are currently hanging on my bedroom wall. So if anyone ever asks me about how accurate I think Excalibur crossbows are I can actually show them

Now I will practice with a few different targets mounted on the wall at the range, instead of just one. Because this Robin Hood thing could get costly, however one time is sure thrilling.

Mike
Motto

Post by Motto »

Hello,

Mike, I had this same experience yesterday also! I was shooting outdoors from 77 yards, and I heard a sort of metallic sound. When I went to the target, there were two arrows on the gold area of the target. The another one went through the first one. :D

Regards,
Motto
BUCKSHOT

Ha Haaa!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

That'll look good hangin' in the tines of that big buck you gonna' get!
Tell Wayne you need to get an arrow hanger next fall! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea, it seams to hapen a lot with our x-bows It can get quite expensive to say the least. use a 5 spot target and only shoot 1 bolt per target this will help GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Mark

Post by Mark »

IM SURE WABI WILL REMEMBER!!! :lol: :D :roll:

MARK
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk
rigbymi

Post by rigbymi »

The flat nock makes Robin Hooding easier than if you had a moon nock, but the accuracy is impressive.
Riggs
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

I think Mark has seen the robinhood I have hanging on our shop wall from the Ohio State Indoor a few years back. Dead X at 25 meter followed by another one
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

these bows are awesome!.......i accidently r-hooded three arrows in a month after buying my bow. gold tips are expensive, so for me it's one arrow per aiming point from now on!--------STEEL
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

you got that right Steel...I am still to this day in awe of this accurate xbow.. :wink: hope your doin fine Steel.. :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

Hoss wrote:you got that right Steel...I am still to this day in awe of this accurate xbow.. :wink: hope your doin fine Steel.. :wink:
hey hoss my bud,...whats happenin?......STEEL