Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

A.W

Hurricane Season Coming Up.

Post by A.W »

Not good news for you guys down south.

Five major hurricanes could hit Atlantic: NOAA
CTV.ca News Staff

In a foreboding warning to those on the east and Gulf coasts: U.S. government forecasters say the upcoming hurricane season will be worse than average.

At a press conference in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, officials at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) warn that there could be between three and five major hurricanes this year.

Hurricanes with sustained wind speeds of 179 kilometres-per-hour (111ýmph) are considered to have reached "major" status.

The NOAA also announces the hurricane season, which runs from June through November, will have 12 to 15 named storms, including seven to nine hurricanes.

The above-average season is expected to be part of a trend that reached a peak last year and began in 1995.

"We are seeing the same types of climactic conditions setting up for this year, and expect that cycle to continue," says NOAA Administrator Vice Adm. Conrad Lautenbacher Jr. USN (Ret).

Major hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne in 2004 devastated parts of the U.S. Atlantic coast in 2004, wreaking more than $20 billion US in property damage and bringing down offshore oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.

Forecasters say above-average ocean temperatures in the Atlantic, combined with weak El Nino conditions in the eastern Pacific, are setting the table for another strong Atlantic tropical-storm season.

El Nino refers to the warming of ocean surfaces off the western coast of South America. It affects the jet stream, alters storm tracks and creates unusual weather patterns.

Last year's season had eight hurricanes out of a total of 15 named storms. Six storms developed into major hurricanes.

A typical hurricane season in the Atlantic produces about 10 tropical storms, six hurricanes and two to three major hurricanes.

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/Arti ... topstories#
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
chessy

Post by chessy »

Hurricane season starts here just after the close of hunting season … the saddest part is the hurricanes name never changes it is always hurricane Nicole……… and that last till I the beginning of hunting season
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I just saw that on the Weather Channel aw and chessie, thats a good one.
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

I'm not looking forward to the storms, but last year, I had some of the best hunting ever, due to the high water. Roads were closed to vehicles in the wildlife refuge & the road hunters were too lazy to walk in. Between canoeing & biking, I practically had the whole 60K acres to myself :D
Greg