OT Why did I even vote?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shakky

OT Why did I even vote?

Post by Shakky »

I can't believe Stronach crossed the floor and is now a Liberal cabinet minister. I voted Conservative and as far as I'm concerned my vote was stolen. What's the point in voting when your MP can change parties for her own political gain? With all thats going on in this country how can one keep their faith in our political system. I realize that this has nothing to do with crossbows but I'm mad as hell and had to vent. My riding just went Liberal can you blame me? :evil: :evil: :evil:
POLE AXE

Post by POLE AXE »

That's some funny sh!t you guys have goin on in CA. :lol: :wink: Turncoats around every corner. :shock:
We in the States have to deal with the overt religiosity of the far right wing firebrands and their egocentric warped views of how life should be. :roll: These far right religious extremists are analogous to the Taliban in Afghanistan.
All I can say is, don't be a hand sitter. IE, get off your a$$ and do something. Mobilize the masses!! :twisted:
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

Keep voting, but kick that rat out in the next election. I was reminded by some of my friends yesterday, that they were not surprised by the events that took place, as none of what she stood for was the the party line. And her father was a Liberal. As an Ontario Conservative minded voter, I was so frustrated by the annoucement on the radio. I feel trapped in a country and province that rewards these corrupt Bastards. The only thing that she said with some merit, was the bloc would gain the majority of seats in Quebec, and I do not believe mr. Harper has a plan as of yet on how to sell his party in Quebec.
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Ya, we have a BIG TIME beotch who will divid this country if she gets in office.
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

POLE AXE wrote: These far right religious extremists are analogous to the Taliban in Afghanistan.
:
Hmm, hadn't heard of any beheadings in the football stadiums this week, Pole Axe. Heck, we even let (encourage) women to work You sound a little paranoid & I'm not even religious :lol:
Greg
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Maybe I'm the only one who looks at it this way but I think the Conservatives have a lot of problems. If we have corrupt Liberal rats that are in the media everyday for their wrong doing and the Conservatives are still behind in the polls, then they are obviously doing something wrong. This has to be the only time in the history of the country that stealing corrupt bugers keep leading in the polls. The Conservatives need to get their crap together so that they can get the votes they need to boot the Liberals!
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

I'm gonna pipe up and say,

ONTARIO, GET YOUR $HIT TOGETHER AND STOP REWARDING CRIMINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know most of the board members are anti Liberal, so spread the good word! The Conservatives aren't the greatest at the moment. I don't like the allignment with the block, but you have to give them a shot. It's the lesser of two evils. B.S. is a traitor and has only hurt herself crossing the floor.
It's sooo frustratiing living in the west and watching all this crap unfold. Our vote means nothing. The Ontario vote is all that seems to matter. The seperation party in Alberta is gaining alot of support and this is not a good thing IMO. I live in Airdrie, wich is a hotbed of seperatism, people are angry to say the least.

That said, May long is just around the corner! Hope everybody has a fun and safe time!! :)
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

I agree with Herbinator. Untill the conservatives get a leader from Ontario or Quebec,they won't get much support from the eastern provinces,even though it is obvious they are as crooked as a dog's hind leg.
As for a western seperatist party, I could see one really gaining support if the liberals were voted in again by Ontario and Quebec. :evil:

Al
Stalker

Post by Stalker »

I've completely changed my mind on separation...... Federalism is broken..... Martin was the finance minister during the Ad scandal (need I say more)..... the liberal party has bribed the NDP by putting their agenda into the latest budget in order to secure their vote (not much different than the Ad scandal bribes).... they somehow "found" another 20 billiion dollars to throw around in order to secure conservative votes on the east coast (among other things).... again not much different than buying votes in the Ad scandal... maybe its just me but if I had an extra 20 billion lying around I think I could have come up with a better budget.... :evil: ..... the liberals have gone from the "back room" bribery in the Ad scandal to obvious bribery because they know that the Ontario voters won't do anything (just look at the polls)..... now Stronach has crossed the floor and is a liberal... (again bribed by a plum cabinet appointment)..... if that wasn't bad enough she originally campaigned for the leadership of the conservative party.... so really she was a liberal in conservative clothing all along and was effectively trying to turn the electoral system into a single party system (we see now that there isn't much difference between Stronach and Martin so if she had of won the leadership it would have been vote Liberal or liberal).... not to mention that she has double crossed the voters who chose to vote conservative..... when you can buy a government like "the little guy from Shawinigan" did and buy (spend tax payers money) to keep a government like they are doing currently then I have to say Federalism is broken and now I agree with Quebec and their desire for change.... and if it happens I hope the west follows suit (as long as they have enough room for me to move in... :) ).... let Ontario keep the crooks......... :evil: :evil: :evil:
A.W

Post by A.W »

All you can do here is vote for the leader you think is lying the least. I don't trust any of the leaders but Harper scares me most.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Spring

Post by Spring »

Stop yer bellyachin' and join a party, any party. This missive is directed at anyone who does not belong to a political party.

Party members, who number less than 3% of the Canadian population have say in what goes on. Of those 3% of Canadians roughly 65% are inactive members. Therefore only a very small portion of our population determine who will appear on the ballot and how public policy is formed. That's why we're in this mess.

Anyone who thinks democracy means casting a vote on election day is smoking their socks. Democracy requires that each and every one of us pick up a mitt and gets in the game. We reap what we sow.

Good Lord created two types of animals, predators, and prey. If you aren't one, you're the other.

I'm tired of whiners who won't get off their a$$e$ and get involved. Whining won't change things. Kicking a$$ if need be at riding association meetings will. Like I say, stop yer bellyachin' join a party.

Cheers!
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

Spring wrote: I'm tired of whiners who won't get off their a$$e$ and get involved.

Cheers!
I'm tired of our government. And I'll keep bellyachin until something changes, its my right. And some of us do belong to political parties.

Cheers!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Herbinator wrote:
Spring wrote: I'm tired of whiners who won't get off their a$$e$ and get involved.

Cheers!
I'm tired of our government. And I'll keep bellyachin until something changes, its my right. And some of us do belong to political parties.

Cheers!
I wouldn't want to belong to a political party that would have me as a member. If you do vote you only encourage them. :wink: :oops: :shock:

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

It disgusting! I personally have no faith in our government, thier just criminals making up all the rules. Why vote? I have no idea, it doesn't matter who you vote for......their all on the same team, they just follow the money.

It's time for a new CANADA! Hopefully when generation "X" stakes the thrown we can fix ,what our fellow leaders have have destroyed.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I'm not sure how belonging to a political party would have helped me. I'd be even more angery if I did belong to the Conservative party and had put time and money into getting her elected. This is a shaft job no matter how you look at it. The people of this riding elected a Conservative MP and now she is a Liberal. You call that democracy? I may vote one more time and that will be against B.S.