Tenpoint Rules!!! (Excalibur Too..)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

doegirl

Tenpoint Rules!!! (Excalibur Too..)

Post by doegirl »

Sorry, guys couldn't help myself. I do have a fairly basic question though. I noticed that my bolts are straight fletched. Now, how in the world do you get good broadhead flight with straight fletch? Or does one need to rip the vanes off and refletch with some offset? Wouldn't that hit the track on the way out when fired? Or should I screw on some Spitfires on forget about it? :twisted:
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

What degree offset does the manufacture recommend for your bow :?

Excalibur recommends a certain offset for the arrows they recommend for Excalibur bows and it just makes sense to me to use what they have ran extensive testing on, in the factory and in the field also :) .

Contact the people who make your bow and ask them, with Excals it's Bill T and/or Kath T :wink:
Digger

Post by Digger »

The performance chart below contains data from tests we conducted using the crossbows and arrows shown. All the crossbows were production models. We did not increase draw weights or modify any of the bows. All of the arrows were 20" XX75 shafts equipped with carbon CPC inserts, TenPoint’s SuperBrite™ neon tracer blunt nocks and traditional turkey-feather fletching.

Crossbow: > PRO
ELITE™ ELITE
QX-4™ ELITE
LITE™ QX-4™ HYBRID
LITE™ TITAN
TL-4™
ARROW: >

20"- 2219 XX75
420 Grains
313 fps /
91.4 fp 313 fps /
91.4 fp 287 fps /
76.8 fp 313 fps /
91.4 fp 292 fps /
79.5 fp 280 fps /
73.1 fp

We urge you to shoot 2219 shafts (or shafts of comparable weight) when using any crossbow.
Using lighter shafts may damage your crossbow over time and will void your TenPoint warranty.
This all they say about bolts for Ten Point on their web site.

I fletch bolt for my Paradox with an Arizona E-Z fletcher, It is the straight model with 1 degree offset, I have had more than enough robin hoods to know that this works. Also because of the short shafts you dont need a lot of offset.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

That 313 fps is "honking on' with a 2219 XX75 that weighs 420 Grains

Serious KE at 91.4 fp..

If you are shooting fixed blade broadheads you need some helical..How much depends on the broadhead.

I don't think helical will give you in problems in the track unless it is very severe.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
doegirl

Post by doegirl »

Woody Williams wrote:That 313 fps is "honking on' with a 2219 XX75 that weighs 420 Grains

Serious KE at 91.4 fp..

If you are shooting fixed blade broadheads you need some helical..How much depends on the broadhead.

I don't think helical will give you in problems in the track unless it is very severe.
Alas, I'm shooting the "dinky" Elite Lite. With the oh-so-slow 287fps and a paltry 76.5 ft/lbs with a 420 grain arrow. :roll: But I think I can accept that :wink:
I was thinking about using my old faves, 100gr Wasp SST's. I think if I can get a passthru with these using a 45lb compound, chances are pretty good I could do so with a 175lb crossbow. Maybe :lol:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I say your chanc's are super doegirl, More then enough KE and fps.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

doegirl wrote:
Woody Williams wrote:That 313 fps is "honking on' with a 2219 XX75 that weighs 420 Grains

Serious KE at 91.4 fp..

Alas, I'm shooting the "dinky" Elite Lite. With the oh-so-slow 287fps and a paltry 76.5 ft/lbs with a 420 grain arrow. :roll: But I think I can accept that :wink:
I was thinking about using my old faves, 100gr Wasp SST's. I think if I can get a passthru with these using a 45lb compound, chances are pretty good I could do so with a 175lb crossbow. Maybe :lol:
Way more than enough...

I've looked at the TenPoint line and that "dinky" Elite Lite is a very nice bow.

Enjoy...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
doegirl

Post by doegirl »

Woody Williams wrote:
I've looked at the TenPoint line and that "dinky" Elite Lite is a very nice bow.

Enjoy...
I definitely enjoy everything about that bow and just can't shutup about it. :P My only gripe is the expenditure. But I needed a bow that would fit me, I couldn't just look at the speed ratings. I actually was split between getting an Exocet or a Tenpoint. I shot a Tenpoint ProElite at the Ohio Deer and Turkey Festival last March and fell in love. But, to me at least, there are only two brands worth buying. Maybe next season an Exocet or a Vixen will make my Tenpoint jealous. :wink:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Can't comment on TenPoint crossbows, as I have no experience, but I find the Excalibur likes a good bit of helical for great broadhead accuracy. I use an 8 degree helical with 4" fletching, and they shoot most broadheads I've tried fairly well. The broadheads that really shine are SlickTrick and G-5 Montec though. The Montecs have actually grouped tighter than field points a few times in my testing!
wabi
doegirl

Post by doegirl »

Wabi-At the speeds these crossbows generate, I could see why there is a need for a good amount of helical. Would feather fletching cancel out any contact with the track?
speedball

Post by speedball »

doegirl, yes you can use a certain amount of helical on the bolts using your bow, i shoot a tenpoint stealth x-2 with 4 degrees offset with GREAT broadhead flight and awesome accuracy out to 40 yards, i shoot a sonic 100 grain and this broadhead kicks a@#, huge holes and fantastic flight, killed 3 deer so far and they never made it out of my sight!!! i have to say the spitfire is a great head too but i wanted to shoot a fixed head with the speed the bow shoots so the bolt doesnt kick out when i'm shooting hard angle shots, had a spitfire do that once and thank god i got another shot at the deer...speedball..... :D :)
gone huntin never to return................