BOW RACKS & NEW BOLTS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREYWOLF

BOW RACKS & NEW BOLTS

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D :D I just finished up makeing my x-bow rack & my sons vert rack I think they came out nice. Also a new dozen wraped bolts with 5" feathers that weigh in at 360 grains. I might put these bow rack designs into production What do ya think GREYWOLF
[/img]Image
[/img]Image
Image[/img]
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
bj

Post by bj »

just curious how you got the lazer weight up to 360 with 5" feathers and aluminum inserts...125 grain points?...
bj

Post by bj »

oops almost forgot...nice looking racks 8) ...i'm jealous, i want one... :wink:

wayne...
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Kool racks Greywolf!!!
You gave me some ideas... I've been trying to design a rack for my xbow & vert into one rack, and I like some of the ideas you have. I also think I'd like to incorporate the antler mount too, that's a nice touch!
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D B J the Arrow weight is , shaft + rear insert + alum. front insert with a gold tip 10 grain adjuster weight screw in the rear+ 8.5 grains for the orange wrap + 5 " feathers & a 100 grain point , WALA ! a 358 to 360 grain bolt that out of my max does a consistant 354 fps
The bar code on the gold tip 100 count bag of 10 grain screws is #91331 11131 hope this helps
GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Greywolf, superb set-up. You are very skillful.

Who's that "dear" fellow under the cap :wink:
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
bj

Post by bj »

GREYWOLF wrote::D B J the Arrow weight is , shaft + rear insert + alum. front insert with a gold tip 10 grain adjuster weight screw in the rear+ 8.5 grains for the orange wrap + 5 " feathers & a 100 grain point , WALA ! a 358 to 360 grain bolt that out of my max does a consistant 354 fps
The bar code on the gold tip 100 count bag of 10 grain screws is #91331 11131 hope this helps
GREYWOLF
hey, learn something everyday...i didn't know they had weight screws for the back end...thanks, for the product numbers...

Wayne...
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Nice looking racks.... :D Super job well done.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
TYE

Post by TYE »

Holy smokes, I'm gonna have to make me something like that also. Sick of looking at my crossbows sittin around the wall on the floor.. :?

Those are really nice racks!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Nice looking Racks Grey Wolf! Very Good job! I like :D
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

These work fer me GREYWOLF.... :D

:wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D Looks good to me Gary ! , are those some 100 gr. slick tricks on that rack ? very good choice GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

GREYWOLF wrote::D Looks good to me Gary ! , are those some 100 gr. slick tricks on that rack ? very good choice GREYWOLF
Ayep 100gr. fer sure.... :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BUCKSHOT

Hello Greywolf

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Forgive me for forgetting the name of them, but are the flights on your bolts the ones which are shrunk on the shaft? They certainly appear to be! That is the first time I have seen them, and I have only heard of them one time, but they look really sweet!
Can you get them in different colours combinations?
BTW very nice job on the bow racks, I am sure that you would find a market niche for them!
Question: The weight screws you use on your arrows, do you only use them in the tail end of the arrow? If so, do you use them to simply to adjust your center of ballance?
I suppose the front end is adjustable by varying the head weight and obviously the insert selection!
I was wondering if the weight screws would be the same as using a particular length of #8-32 t.p.i set screw? You would want the additional weight to be below flush, to the end of the insert, correct? Seems like a set-screw and a dab of blue loctite or string wax would do the trick!
Sorry for all of the questions but ya' got me thinkin'. T.I.A
Enjoy the Harvest!
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

Awesome looking crossbow rack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: How much would you be selling them for??? Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!