Need an Exomax!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Roy65

Need an Exomax!

Post by Roy65 »

Got my mind made up after listening to all you guys and gals. Ex- Compound bow shooter due to broke my back, ended up in a wheelchair and no longer able to shoot my compound . Told the guys at my club i was going to switch to shooting a crossbow and they told me i could no longer use the range, find some place else to shoot. x@#%#@!
I think i have found a new home here. Thanks everybody! I am excited again, but know i have a lot to learn. Looking for an Exomax and all the gear to go with it, but not sure what i need. No Dealers or Shops here in Washington that i can find. Any and all advice would sure be appreciated. Have looked at al the other Mfg'rs and positively want an Excaliber. Gonna get rid of some of my firearms so i can do it right the 1st time. I am really excited about croissbow hunting. Got plenty of big Elk around here that are begging for me to challenge them. Thankls again to everybody here for showing me life is not over.
Big John

Need an Exomax

Post by Big John »

Roy65:

Wellcome aboard. It would appear to me that life really isn"t over for you, but starting fresh again. A young boy with a new toy so to speak!
I"m not sure what to say to the guys not letting you shoot on the range with them anymore, but get a target block and have your own range, tell them they can"t shoot on it with you without a crossbow!
Your more than welcome to come shoot on my range inside whenever you want. Good luck with your new Max when you get it!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Contact bj and I is sure he can fix ya up, best prices they beeees.... :D

[email protected]
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
diesel

Post by diesel »

GaryL wrote:Contact bj and I is sure he can fix ya up, best prices they beeees.... :D

[email protected]
I will second that. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Sorry to hear about your old shooting range.
As you will find out there is a lot of good people in this group. I know they will all lend you a helping hand.

Larry
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Welcome aboard Roy65 :)
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Image welcome to the forum Roy65.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:)
Welcome Roy. I echo the above statements about bj's. :)
He has always done me fair and right. He is interested in seeing you get what you need and offers great technical advice too.
Patience is a virtue.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

ROY 65, HATCHET JACK HERE , SORRY ABOUT YOUR SHOOTING RANGE, YOU WONT FIND THOSE KIND OF FOLKS HERE.THESE GUYS WILL GUIDE YOU RIGHT. HAVE A GOOD DAY,,,,,,,,,,YOU WILL LOVE SHOOTING A CROSSBOW,SOUNDS LIKE YOU PICKED A WINNER.

H.J.
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

Welcome Roy! Bummer about your ex-range... I can't shoot at out range either! Screw em. You've come to the right place. Get a hold of BJ and you'll be taken care of.
rigbymi

Post by rigbymi »

Anyother bunch of narrow minded only thinking about themselves group. I know it hurts, but at least now you found a true group of hunters who care about the future of hunting. So welcome aboard and soak up some of the forums knowledge and enjoy the outdoors once again.
Riggs
A.W

Post by A.W »

welcome Roy. :wink:

Quite the bunch of understanding critters at your last club. However you have found a new home here.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
shifty

Post by shifty »

way to go Roy !
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I had an incident at the archery club I belong to as well... We Have an Old Guy (no offence to the older Guy's out there :wink: ) there who shoots a compound bow and thinks that crossbows have no place where Bows are allowed.... Well needless to say he did not like what I had to say to him ( to Bad for Him) and I believe this will be my last season that I give that club any of my money... I'll shoot in my basement or I will just go to my hunting grounds and shoot my Boew there.. This crap about crossbows vs compounds vs recurves is makes my stomach turn! :evil:

If it is legal to hunt with ,, go for it.. I could care less if someone wants to use a compound, recurve, Crossbow, shotgun, muzzleloader, rifle.. if it's legal in the area to hunt with Then good luck to ya!
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Welcome to the forum Roy.
One bit of advise I can offer is if you'll be hunting, to check the regulations in areas/states where you'll be hunting, some states have crossbow draw weight restrictions. I didn't think about that when I bought my ExoMax, luckily California doesn't have restrictions, and as far as I know Washington does not recognise a xbow as a legal hunting weapon.
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Welcome Roy. It is a shame that clubs who say they are here to help and promote archery hunting turn their backs on a member in a time of need. That really p@#%&* me off. Like Herbinator said "screw'em". You will find that this forum is open to all forms of hunting and the members are the best bunch of people you will ever meet on any forum. Glad to have you Roy.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.