Shot my ExoMax for the first time tonight - WOW!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BucknBass

Shot my ExoMax for the first time tonight - WOW!

Post by BucknBass »

I am new to the forum and crossbows. We just had them passed for Archery season here in TN so I decided to try one. After much research I bought an ExoMax. A blast to shoot and talk about accurate even to 50 yards! I have the Vari-Zone scope and it worked great. I can see myself practicing a lot. I'm definitely glad I got a string cocking aid!
Digger

Post by Digger »

BucknBass welcome to the forum and congrats on picking up a great crossbow.You cant miss with any Excalibur. 8)

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
TYE

Post by TYE »

Excalibur is awesome eh? hehe

I went out and shot 2 groups of 4 today, for somethin' to do. 2nd group I shot I heard a big smack! I thought I had robin hooded one or something, but I had slapped all my arrows right into eachother.

I think the screws on my dissipator bars are tighter on one side or something cuz my bow makes a wierd noise when I let her rip.
Big John

Shot Exomax first time

Post by Big John »

Tye:

you know your not to shoot Bolts at the same point on the target with your Exc. crossbow!
Robinhooding costs to much money! :lol: :lol:

Welcome Bucknbass
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
A.W

Post by A.W »

Welcome and Congrats on your choice!! :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Welcome Bucknbass, and congrats on your Excalibur. The ExoMax is a fine crossbow! And you're right about the rope cocker (itsa lifesaver! :wink: )
You're screenname implies your into bass fishing also, how's the bass fishin' in TN? Ever had a chance to fish with Bill Dance? My (step)bro-in-law met him, and I think he got to fish in one of his private ponds (can't remember fur sure, its been a while...)
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
TYE

Re: Shot Exomax first time

Post by TYE »

John wrote:Tye:

you know your not to shoot Bolts at the same point on the target with your Exc. crossbow!
Robinhooding costs to much money! :lol: :lol:

Welcome Bucknbass
I got bored... so meh. I don't shoot with a scope so I haven't robin hooded yet. :P
Big John

shot my exomax

Post by Big John »

Tye :

When you use those peep sights, how do you compensate for different yardages consistently every time at 20 - 30 -40 yds.? In order to pull tight groups every time?

Never used peep sights before. :oops:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
TYE

Post by TYE »

Well it's technically supposed to be 10-20-30, but I've shot groups at 40 and 50 yards that were just as tight.
BucknBass

Yep, I bass fish too

Post by BucknBass »

Hawkeye - I do bass fish and it's been pretty good lately. I took second in a club tournament last weekend with 13.5 pounds. The biggest was 4.25. Where do you fish? Bass?
Hawkeye

Re: Yep, I bass fish too

Post by Hawkeye »

BucknBass wrote:Hawkeye - I do bass fish and it's been pretty good lately. I took second in a club tournament last weekend with 13.5 pounds. The biggest was 4.25. Where do you fish? Bass?
Mostly Lake Shasta & Folsom Lake; haven't been able to do a lot of fishin' lately though... been too bizzy! Hopefully soon!
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
BucknBass

Didn't see where you were from before I posted

Post by BucknBass »

Ah, the land of the giants! What's the biggest bass you've caught? I know there are some biggun's out there!
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

my biggest bass was only about 6lbs... My dad's caught a few over 10. The really biggun's are down south in Castaic & Casitas, and there's some big bass up north here in the Delta & Clearlake, but I don't get to fish those much... :(
-Hawkeye