Broadhead test... on the web!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hawkeye

Broadhead test... on the web!

Post by Hawkeye »

Has anyone tried Rocky Mtn. broadheads? I came across this site that tested several broadheads, and in looking at the results, the Rocky Mtn did very well, in particular, the Snyper, for expandables & the Titanium (T-100) for fixed blade. Wasp came out looking pretty good too, but Satellite did poorly. Check it out...
http://www.american-hunter.com/broadhea ... d_test.htm
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

Great find Hawkeye! Slick Tricks did well.
Big John

Broadhead tests

Post by Big John »

Hawkeye:

Thanks for the posting, excellent testing chart!
I was wondering how the Wasp Heads would fair. They did good.
But I"m looking like I might wan"t to give those RockyMt. T-i heads a shot.

Even the Muzzy 4 Blades did very impressive, but I haven"t seen them.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

I HAVE USED THE RKY MNT SNYPER AS WELL AS THE GATOR.I CURRENTLY SHOOT A CROSSBOW THAT DEVELOPS 58LBS OF K.E. AND PREFER THE SNYPERS WITH IT.BETTER PENETRATION THAN THE GATORS WHICH OPEN UP TO 2 INCHES.BUT I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO USE THE GATORS ON A HIGHER PERFORMING BOW.BOTH FLY PERFECT.
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

I have been using the Magnus stinger 2 blade 100-grain broadhead for the past 2 years and I love them. I have taken 4 deer so far using a longbow with the magnus broadheads and all were pass throughs. They fly straight and true even out of the crossbow. I am looking so forward to hunt deer with my new crossbow. I like them for the blade are easy to sharpen and so easy to replace. I also like the fact that they start cutting as soon as they hit the hide they dont have to punch through the hide first and then start cutting. For myself I will not use any other broadhead, why change when I have so much confidence in them. :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."