Exomax speed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Butt

Exomax speed

Post by Butt »

I was doing some testing the other day with an Exomax with different bolts and found that the 2219 with five inch fletch 125gr. point shot threw chrono at 318fps, also used the excellerant string. Not only did it cut down on the noise of this mean machine, but you wouldn't beleive the accuracy I was getting :shock:. Kenetic energy ( 110 foot pounds) What a beast :twisted:

Butt
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:?: Thats a lot of take down power!!! what do you meen by an (excellerant) string ?? I have been using the string that came with my max and just put on a dacron flemish string which is much thicker than the stock string Thanks GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
bj

Re: Exomax speed

Post by bj »

Butt wrote:I was doing some testing the other day with an Exomax with different bolts and found that the 2219 with five inch fletch 125gr. point shot threw chrono at 318fps, also used the excellerant string. Not only did it cut down on the noise of this mean machine, but you wouldn't beleive the accuracy I was getting :shock:. Kenetic energy ( 110 foot pounds) What a beast :twisted:

Butt

yep, you in fact just tuned it down to a 2004 exocet (other than the increase in ke)...kinda reinforces what i call the 330 theory... :wink: bring on back the 200 # exomag... :roll:

Wayne...
ch312

Post by ch312 »

bj, can you please explain more about your reply? also, whats the 330 theory?

i just got my tax refund back and i got enough for an exomax with standard kit as well as a new .22 and scope. probably enough for some ammo too...me like my first tax refund :D
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

ch312 wrote:bj, can you please explain more about your reply? also, whats the 330 theory?
Me too please. Do you prefer the 200 lb Exomag 330fps over the Exocet 200 330fps :?
bj

Post by bj »

ch312 wrote:bj, can you please explain more about your reply? also, whats the 330 theory?

i just got my tax refund back and i got enough for an exomax with standard kit as well as a new .22 and scope. probably enough for some ammo too...me like my first tax refund :D
basically what i was saying (in my opinion only of course), is that the 2004 exocet is/was one of the most accurate bows in the lineup...it generated speeds of 310-318fps depending on the bow...being as Butt reduced the speed of the exomax thru his testing (and carbon copied the speed of the older exocet), it should in fact have made it as accurate as the older bow...looks like it did...

- the 330 theory...just a theory and it's mine (you can't have it :wink: )...ah, i'll give you a hint...think of the 330 the same as the maximum speed you can drive your car on a major highway...the faster you go, the harder it is to keep it "between the lines"...
bj

Post by bj »

Partikle wrote:
Me too please. Do you prefer the 200 lb Exomag 330fps over the Exocet 200 330fps :?

but of course :shock: ...i have one...was there ever any doubt :wink: ...just kidding...they were/are both great bows...i just like my mag better...
shifty

Post by shifty »

meeee toooo!
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

I like your theory BJ, and I agree.........