Wish we had a camera....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Wish we had a camera....

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Last Thursday we had an incredibly ironic event happen at the Excalibur factory. A 1 year old buck in velvet which was totally unafraid of humans walked up our driveway. You could actually walk right up to this guy and touch him. We even smacked him on the butt to discourage his entry but he did not care in the least. He even stood there right in front of our front door and ya think any of us had a camera handy :shock: ???

He eventully made his way out the back of our lot and we hear he eventully just walked back to the bush. Anybody ever hear of such a thing? It was incredibly hot and humid and the poor guy was panting. He was also quite thin so I would guess he had heat stroke or something. Any ideas?

Being marketing oriented I figured it would have been a great catalogue cover "Excalibur Crossbows are so good the deer come to us!" :D
Anyhow I thought you guys would get a kick out of this wierd happening.

Peter
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

If you ask me you intercepted a spy. I believe the deers have heard to many stories of the success the Excalibur crossbows have done on their relatives. They must of been wondering what can they do :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I'm thinking all his deer buddies put him up to it :lol: !!!
I think he was just torturing all the hunters that work here knowing it's not deer season. Would have made a heck of a mascot for trade shows though!!!

Peter
Vladymere

Fearless Deer

Post by Vladymere »

Could this deer have chronic wasting disease? This may explain the deer's lack of fear of humans as well as the appearance of heat stroke and lack of weight.

Vlad
Mark

MARK

Post by Mark »

THE SPIRITS HAVE A WAY OF WATCHING OVER US ALL , THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A MESSENGER. :shock:

AND YES HE COULD HAVE BEEN CHECKING ON THE LATEST STATS ON THE EXCALIBUR BOWS TOO :shock:
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

Many years ago when I was an outdoor writer, I was photographing a rutting buck while he made scrapes and rubs and he seemed to ignore me. After awhile, though he came toward me and got very pushy. I tried to shove him away by his antlers and he whipped back at me with them tearing a gash up my forearm. He got pretty aggressive to the point I climbed a small tree and watched while he tore up the ground under it. I kept thinking it was a good thing no one had a camera, as I would have trouble living down being treed by a deer :lol: . I've never seen a buck outside the rut that exhibited the behavior you describe. Given his physical condition, it might have been a sign of sickness (rabies, CWD etc). There are others as well. Could also have been one that had been fed by people or even an escapee from a pen. Most of those pen raised deer don't look very healthy to me. Might not be a bad idea if he shows up again, to get a wildlife officer to come out and check him out.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

LeGrand wrote:If you ask me you intercepted a spy. I believe the deers have heard to many stories of the success the Excalibur crossbows have done on their relatives. They must of been wondering what can they do :lol: :lol: :lol:
Make sure he did not sabotage the bow making equipment.

Years ago I was snowmobiling in Duhamel, Quebec. The wild deer walked around the town and you could feed them by hand but they never pushed you around and they were still quite timid.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

about 10 years ago,or so. there was a moose showed up at the smith center ks. area & stayed in that area for about 2 years then left as fast as he came, the fish & game thought he had a sickness,,some king of a worm in his brain. there are no moose in kansas.

hatchet jack
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

I hope its not CWD. We've yet to have a case in Ontario yet, but its not far away. Just across the boarder in NY.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

It is really strange you mentioned this ..... several farmers have mentioned see and takeing pictures of deer walking up to them lately ?One deer in particular has walked behind a farmers wife many times when she was out for her daily walk . The deer walked right up behind her and tried to nuzzle up ?

It didn't seem sick .... just lost and had no fear of people ?

Not the whitetails I'm use to seeing in the fall !!
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
TYE

Post by TYE »

LeGrand wrote:If you ask me you intercepted a spy. I believe the deers have heard to many stories of the success the Excalibur crossbows have done on their relatives. They must of been wondering what can they do :lol: :lol: :lol:
LMAO!!! Image