sell a crossbow here?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ch312

sell a crossbow here?

Post by ch312 »

i have a barnet thunderbolt im wanting to sell but i have no idea how much its worth. so, i was wondering if 2 or 3 "pros" would post here saying its ok for me to email pics of the stuff i have along with its info to get an idea of what its worth.

i took it to a bow shop here in ontario and they offered $125 CAN for the bare bow so i know its worth more.

thanks for any help!

scott

PS...once the cash is in my hands the order is being placed for an exomax :D narrowed it down to 2 people to buy from...both have same prices ($.37) seperate actually but unsure who should get my business. i need to study their customer service i guess?)
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

It's difficult to say how much it's worth. You can also ebay yor crossbow...or at least see how much a comparable model may go for.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

Ha, I always thought it was ironic (moronic) that you can sell a crossbow on Ebay that will kill a grizzly, but, not a bb gun :?
Greg
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

ch312,
I have owned 2 thunderbolts in the past and bought my first one in 1985
and paid $150.00 for it. I bought a second one in 1990 for only $80.00 due to the fact that they were deemed obsolete and Barnett was trying to get rid of them. They just were not made that well and would only last 3-5 years before they fell apart, mostly cracked limbs. I actually chronographed mine at 262 fps shooting a 22" 2117 with a 125 grain field point. In 1985 that was smok'in.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

my grandpa bought this bow brand new and has neevr had anything break on it the whole time he has owned it. only had to replace strings....
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

ch312 wrote:my grandpa bought this bow brand new and has neevr had anything break on it the whole time he has owned it. only had to replace strings....
I guess it depends on how much you shoot or maybe I was just unlucky.
Don't get me wrong, I killed a lot of deer with those two thunderbolts and I will forever have a soft spot in my heart for them. But I will stand by my statement that they are not a well built crossbow and that they are prone to having limb problems, not just on my two bows but on at least 5 other bows that I have seen. But just to be on the safe side, get a strong light and check real good where the limb seperates to hold the eccentric wheel, right at the point of that cutout is where the cracks start. If you see no cracks than great, but if you do please do not sell the bow as it might hurt someone.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.