Vixen Shooters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PRB

Vixen Shooters

Post by PRB »

I get on here when I get a chance and read what I can. I was wondering if anyone still hunts with and prefers the Vixen ? I don't seem to hear much about them here lately. Are they trying to phase them out because it seems that everyone has a need for speed :D or what ? Does anyone else think that the Vixen is a great whitetail crossbow or do I need to think about upgrading to the Phoenix ?
Thanks
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Piney
You have a pm.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

PRB, Vixen is still out there.... :D Still one of the best for all around shooting and WHITE TAIL DEER.... :D I am going to get another one soon but would like to find another all BLACK ONE as I think it's one sharp xbow.

I will take a deer hide brown if I have too though.... :D

As far as upgrading too the Phoenix if it was my first Excalibur that would be my first choice as it is the same draw length but more power.... :D

I feel for deer hunting and 3-D shooting the Vixen would be the xbow.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
rtcdir

Post by rtcdir »

I have a vixen that is 10 yrs old and is in as good shape and as accurate as the day we bought it. And it ain't because we have babied it. I have used it to take many deer, my son has taken one with it my daughter two deer and a buddy has taken a deer with it. Don't plan on ever giving it up!
BUCKSHOT

Humm!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Hey Piney
Had a Vixen for a while and loved it!
Somehow it transformed itself into a Vixocet! I don't know what happened it just got longer and faster somehow!
Now I love my Vixocet! :D :D :D :D :D
Enjoy the Harvest!
PRB

Post by PRB »

This is great.
Sure glad to see all the positives.
Those Vixens sure are user friendly and so consistent.
Thank goodness for what I believe will be a very reliable lifetime bow.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I started with a Vixen, then switched to an Exocet when Excalibur introduced the camo model. Sold the Vixen, but often wish I had it back. The extra speed the Exocet has adds a few yards ethical range for deer, but is really seldom needed, as most of my deer have been inside 20 yards anyway.
The Vixen is a lot easier to cock, and is a great choice for a crossbow for hunting and target shooting.
wabi
TYE

Post by TYE »

I have a Vixen and a Pheonix. The Pheonix shoots a little flatter which I like. But I like both of them.
PRB

Post by PRB »

Thanks for the replies.
Sounds great to hear about the lower poundage bows and they're compatibility with the shooters such as the Vixen, Exocet, and now the Phoenix 8)
Whyitsmike

My Vixen is amazing

Post by Whyitsmike »

Gary L gave me a Vixen and I can't Thank him enough, it is so accurate and I will be going on a hunt with his son Wildwindom later this year, I have Robin Hooded with it and all my friends who shoot it just want to get one of their own, Gary L tells me that with good shot placement I can take down almost anything with it. That sure would be nice but I'm just having a blast target shooting for right now, I set up a 3D target and 90% of my hits are in the vitals, I still miss with my regular compound bow or long bow, but not with my Vixen