My friends xbow was dry fired and fell apart.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Whyitsmike

My friends xbow was dry fired and fell apart.

Post by Whyitsmike »

Hey everyone, it's Mike from California, my buddy John has a Barnett RC 300 and it was dry fired by a one of his friends accidentally, he told me it came completely apart, he knows I am a member and asked me to ask you guys what he should look for before he tries to reassemble it, I feel bad for him because he is not the one who did it, he knows better but his buddy did not realize the damage something like that could do. He came over the other day and we shot my xbow at a new target I got two weeks ago. (a 75.00 Mckenzie deer target with antlers) that was with shipping too, I cannot believe how much fun it is too actually shoot at someting like that versus my burlap bag. But back to my friends dilemma, I mentioned he should look at the limbs and check for cracks, but is there anything else I should tell him to pay close attention to. Thank You friends.

Mike
rigbymi

Post by rigbymi »

I am no expert, but it sounds like a basket case to me. I would think parts and labor would cost more than a new bow. I had a friend with a similar problem and he had a hard time finding anyone who would touch it. I hope your friend has better luck than my buddy.
Riggs
DJH

Post by DJH »

Mike - The best thing for him to do is box it up and send it back to the factory or bring it back to the shop where it was purchased. There are so many little things that could be wrong with it and would affect the performace of it that it should be gone over by the company. It entails some time, but it is not worth taking the risk of having something wrong that might get missed.
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
TYE

Post by TYE »

Best idea would be to buy an Excalibur now ;)
Whyitsmike

I agree

Post by Whyitsmike »

Tye you are right it's time for him to get an excalibur, but the xbow that broke was passed on to him by his late father this past year so I know there is a lot of sentimental value wrapped up in it. I have never seen a dry fire but I guess it's pretty ugly, from what my friend told me.
A.W

Re: I agree

Post by A.W »

Whyitsmike wrote:Tye you are right it's time for him to get an excalibur, but the xbow that broke was passed on to him by his late father this past year so I know there is a lot of sentimental value wrapped up in it.
Perhaps he could get it fixed up the best that he can without puting too much money in and keep it as a wall-hanger. That may cover the sentimental value of it, then get an Excal.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

i have 2 barnetts,accidently driefired both,,,,string broke while cocked on one,,,string slipped out of my fingers on the other, liked to scared me to death. i was lucky, no damage. thank god. on the first one i had just cocked it was ready to shoot at a target, had the target in my sight ready to pull the trigger,,,,,,the dam string broke,,,holy cow what a scare couldnt catch my breath , didnt know what happened. what a shocker. man i cant believe this one fell apart from 1 driefire( wonder how many times he driefired it,,,bet more than once)--------------- h.j.
Whyitsmike

Thanks Everyone for your input

Post by Whyitsmike »

I believe he is now convinced on sending it back to the factory, I think that it will be a wall hanger from then on, Thanks Everyone for the good advice, it is much appreciated.

Mike