Tunerz

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Tunerz

Post by Farmer »

Has anyone tried these string silencers ?? I just had some installed on my Darton Compound verticle bow, they made a notable difference. Just came back from Archers Nook and spotted tunerz in an Excalibur box. What the heck, may as well try them. Installed them with a new FF Flemish sting on my Exocet200. Wow :shock: , it really quieted it down and it seems that some of the shock you feel in the stock is gone.

I do not know how they will hold up.Time will tell . Also wondering how much speed loss there will be with them.. With the machine string (original ) a 2117 / 4"feathers /100gr point speed was 313 fps.
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

So how did they hold up? And did you ever find out exactly how much difference it made in your speed?
hawg hunter

tunerz

Post by hawg hunter »

Ihave used the tunerz on the recomendation of some fellow bow shooters they worked with about a 10 decibal drop in sound and 15fps loss . They lasted for about 50shots before flying apart.
bj

Re: tunerz

Post by bj »

hawg hunter wrote: 10 decibal drop in sound and 15fps loss . They lasted for about 50shots before flying apart.
hmmmmmm!...
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I have had about the same experience with the tunerz. The lasted thru resighting and 1 - 30 round 3d shoot and 1 of the tunerz bit the dust. Tried some bowjax, with the same results.