Another New Moderator Needed NOW???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Post by wabi »

Woody,
I'm a moderator on a couple of other forums, and it's not difficult. When logged in as a moderator you have the option to edit or delete posts. You can simply delete the offensive content, or you can delete the entire post. I would think those options alone would be helpful to Peter. As far as blocking a member, or ISP, I think those decisions should be Excalibur's alone, but a long-time member (or two) with a cool head should be given the moderator position to delete the spam type posts.
BTW - this is wabi, not WAB who posted earlier on the thread :wink:
wabi
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

wabi wrote:Woody,
I'm a moderator on a couple of other forums, and it's not difficult. When logged in as a moderator you have the option to edit or delete posts. You can simply delete the offensive content, or you can delete the entire post. I would think those options alone would be helpful to Peter. As far as blocking a member, or ISP, I think those decisions should be Excalibur's alone, but a long-time member (or two) with a cool head should be given the moderator position to delete the spam type posts.
OK..

I'll email Bill and ask that he consider appointing someone from here..probably one of the guys that were "nominated" as they seems to be on here all the time.

Peter is going to be a very busy guy with all these states adopting crossbows.. Lots of sales going on..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Big John

new mod

Post by Big John »

I believe that we will see more and more of these guys coming in to post
crap that doesn't belong. To many computer heads out there goofing off
and trying to mess things up for good folk,viruses, spam , spyware, smut.
This is more than one mod. can handle. I don't think Peter should have to be burdoned with such a large task by himself . "Times they are a changing", With all due respect for all involved I think that there should be Company Mod., back up Company Mod., and a "Forum Mod." These people need excellent computer skills to fix problems, as well as people skills, dealing with all types of people fairly. Proper Moderaters are essential to keeping good things going. No matter who is nominated.
This site will continue to grow as more people become aware it exists, until it will take all of one Mod.'s time 24/7 to keep the site functioning well, and operating properly.

Sincerely John

This "is" the best forum site. Let's all try hard to keep it that way. :) :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Philip W.

Post by Philip W. »

Woody Williams wrote:
wabi wrote:Woody,
OK..

I'll email Bill and ask that he consider appointing someone from here..probably one of the guys that were "nominated" as they seems to be on here all the time.

Peter is going to be a very busy guy with all these states adopting crossbows.. Lots of sales going on..
That works real well on that GON forum I'm on as well. Some individual moderators who can edit or delete offensive material from posts.

I read this forum way more than I post on it mainly because the depth of knowledge about these crossbows by people here is way more than mine. I come here to enjoy the information. Do not come here to see or be informed of filth. I am just glad he put a topic descriptive enough so I didn't have to accidentally find it.

Just my $0.02 (what's that in Canadian, anyway) worth.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I'll post a differing view.

The suggestions offered as far as who to appoint as moderators doesn't bother me. They are good guys.

I just don't see the need to bother the Excalibur people about a virtually non existent problem. We have so little spam and spam posted here. We pretty much self regulate, and do it pretty successfully.

I just don't see the NEED to bother the owners of the site to fix such a small problem.

Actually I think we have TWO very small problems.

The one small problem is the weiners who post the spam or spam.

The other small problem is the other wieners who keep posting to the offending threads and keep them fresh, right at the top ot the forum.

In my view, it's like Shakespeare said..."Much ado about nothing", or like my old teacher used to say, "mountain climbing over a molehill".
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

That works real well on that GON forum I'm on as well. Some individual moderators who can edit or delete offensive material from posts.
That's true Phillip W, but IMO this forum is not experiencing the problem of many of the other forums, and IMO really not so many as we have at times in the past for short periods.......I would like to mention, as many of the members that are mods on forums are aware, being a mod and enforcing rules is often a thankless job and not one that helps your popularity.................

Mods can be given varing degrees of control/responsibility on a forum. and I'm sure that Bill will do what's necessary when the time comes, he always has.

There is a time tested, proven tool that WILL defeat TROLLS, it's called UTLIZING THE IGNORE feature that is present on all computers............... :wink:
huntingchic

Post by huntingchic »

i nominate GaryL, he seems to be a great guy, and has smarts about hunting.