exomax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dw

exomax

Post by dw »

for you newcomers, think hard before you buy an exomax. they have got to be the most traded in bow of all the excaliburs. more people sell them to down size bacause they are so dam hard to cock. i know i sold mine to get the exocet 200. just way to much bow for anything.
'dw"
"you gotta love it"
GaryL

Re: exomax

Post by GaryL »

dw wrote:for you newcomers, think hard before you buy an exomax. they have got to be the most traded in bow of all the excaliburs. more people sell them to down size bacause they are so dam hard to cock. i know i sold mine to get the exocet 200. just way to much bow for anything.
'dw"
And I will back up dw's statement, However if you are after POWER in a Re-curve xbow and have a strong back and arms, or use a crankaroo or other cocking device it is a super xbow. A number of folks on the forum have a Exomax and love'em.... :D

It is a super xbow for Elephant, Water Buffalo, Loin, Tiger, Elk, Deer, American Buffalo, Moose, and other LARGE game including BIGFOOT :shock: :wink: and it's FAST :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I would have to agree that a Max is alot of bow for some of us older folks. However, if one was offered as an even trade for a Exocet , Phoenix, or Vixen, I'd make the swap and then trade the riser for a pre-Phoenix riser to make a Exomag. IMHO I think the Exomag was one heck of a bow.

Just think about it, I'm sure a lot of folks would jump at the chance to upgrade their Vixen or Exocet to a Phoenix or an Exocet-200, and be willing to pay a few extra bucks to do so.

Just my two cents.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

I think if I was doing it all over again this year, I would go for the Exocet 200. However, I don't regret getting the ExoMax, I use the cocking aid to cock it and it's a brute but I'm not doing it 8 hours a day so I don't mind.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Partikle wrote:I think if I was doing it all over again this year, I would go for the Exocet 200. However, I don't regret getting the ExoMax, I use the cocking aid to cock it and it's a brute but I'm not doing it 8 hours a day so I don't mind.
Ayep Partikle the Exocet 200 is one fine Excalibur, and it shoots almost as good as a ExoMag 200 :wink: :wink: and to quote ComfyBear "IMHO I think the Exomag was one heck of a bow. "

It is still my favorite Excalibur too hunt with.... :D (Mag 200)
Last edited by GaryL on Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
dryhorn2

Post by dryhorn2 »

Come on DW its a crossbow with 225 lbs of sure power, you didn't think that was going to be easy did you ? Thats the reason I got one for the speed, and power . No I'm not in great shape but I can pull it back once and thats all I need. I love the Exomax and would buy it again until I'm over 45-50 years old. Newcomers if you want power and speed and can handle it buy the exomax...
With God all things are possible
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

There is no such thing as OVERKILL....
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Big John

Exomax

Post by Big John »

I'm with GaryL on this one to. Best hunting Crossbow there is , is my
"200 Ex-mag." I will never give it up. And I may buy another if it comes
up somewhere. :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
bj

Post by bj »

power and speed are not to be overlooked, but...there are always other things that have to be considered and play an important part in the picture...wear and tear on strings and equipment and of course "accuracy"...the exomax is like a finely tuned "race car".....if you send it to the pits when it should, it'll probably win the race !...
dw

Post by dw »

i'm not saying it is not a good bow. i'm just saying they are the most traded in crossbow excalibur makes. i'm 6'3" 230lbs and could cock my exomax by hand no problem. i just did not like to. i used a rope cocker. it is way to twangy with a 350 grain bolt. it's hard on strings. and it can make you develope a flinch. my exomax shot much smoother with the beman thunderbolt carbons. but then you giving up the extra speed to calm down the bow. good bow just be careful or you might just be trading it in . "dw"

question? is the exomag maxed out?

Bill T Joined: 21 Oct 2002

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:53 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just how dead do you want to make that deer anyway?
I'll cut to the chase....the Exomag is certainly NOT maxed out, but I'm concerned that most hunters are. If I find that market conditions force me to increase the performance, I will, but it will be at the cost of both user comfort and to some degree, reliability. Bill T

"you gotta love it"
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

bj wrote:power and speed are not to be overlooked, but...there are always other things that have to be considered and play an important part in the picture...wear and tear on strings and equipment and of course "accuracy"...the exomax is like a finely tuned "race car".....if you send it to the pits when it should, it'll probably win the race !...

Yup, I have to agree with BJ..i feel the same way...
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

I had a horton crossbow and then started reading this forum and then I had to have an excalibur so I got an exocet, I really like that crossbow, then the exomax came out and I jumped on the bandwagon and got one. Then I found out I could switch risers which I did, now I have a exomag and a exocet 200. If I ever wanted to go moose hunting I would just have to switch back and I would have my exomax back. Gotta love these excaliburs.
Rickey

Post by Rickey »

The only xbow I have had is an exomax... I love it and wouldn't trade it for any thing. I'm 53 and use a cocking (string) aid and shoot 20 to 30 time at each practice. My only problem is stopping the bolt :D at 30yrds it goes half way the fletching in a 3D target and goes past the fletching in the "Block" :?:
Shoot straight and know your target.
To good hunting and good friends!!
Rickey
gad

Post by gad »

I have one max and one exocet 175. Happy with both of them. I use much more my exocet 175. But when I need to feel the power in hands, I shoot my max and feel gooooood!
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
gad

Post by gad »

What kind of maintenance a exomax will require more than any other excalibur bow? I always check the bolts, strings, limbs of my excal bows. In what of these or another items the max require more attention?
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED