Hip quiver

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shakky

Hip quiver

Post by Shakky »

I'm thinking of going to a hip quiver and I was wondering if any of you already use this set up and what you think of it. Currently, the quiver is mounted to the bow but I find this ackward and I don't like the balance of the bow with it on. Any comments?
Digger

Post by Digger »

I use a Vista hip quiver and utility belt. I think its the best setup I have an Amigo and an Hombre quiver.
They run from $20-$130 .

http://timbucktu.net/shop/shop.php?cat=103&

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Same here a hip quiver and utility belt, works best fer me.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Shakky I been using a hip quiver for many years and I really like them. I bought the quiver that mounts to the bow but I also did not like it. So instead of just putting the quiver in a corner some place I decided to use it. What I did was I got a thick peace of leather cut it to the shape I wanted and then cut some slots in it for the belt to pass through. I then mounted the quiver holder to the leather making sure I figured out what angle I wanted the quiver to be at when I was wearing it. It seems to work good, and I like the idea that I can remove the quiver just by releasing the catch. I also like the fact that when you are sitting you can take the quiver off and put it beside you. Hope this helps you have all the parts you need you just need a peace of thick leather. I wish I had a camera sometimes for it would be so much easier just to show you a picture instead of trying to explain.
:D :wink: :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Same here! One Vista and one king
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Digger or others,
How low do you wear the hip quiver? I used to wear one in the 60's (back in the dark ages) and the fletching got beat to death. When I wore it high my elbow would hit it and when I wore it lower the brush would bang up the feathers. Are the new ones worn more where your back hip pocket is and do they interfere with your backpack or portable tree stand? Last year I just tied my quiver and backpack to the portable and hauled everything together. Early season is easier because there is less stuff to drag into the stands.

Jon
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
XBHUNTR

Post by XBHUNTR »

Shakky. I too, don't like the quiver on the xbow. I made a hip quiver from a welder's leather jacket sleeve. Place quiver in sleeve and cut desired length. Using 1/4 plywood, make a backboard with two holes for a belt. Fasten with a staple gun. I spray painted it with flat black (tremco) paint. Ray. XBHUNTR #298.
Digger

Post by Digger »

My quiver sits to the side just before my back pocket and has a velcro leg strap so it doesn't move around for 3D. And a rigid broad head quiver for hunting. It ties down also.

Digger

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Thanks for the feedback guys.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Trying out a bow quiver on a Dan Miller bracket right now, but I've used a hip quiver for all my archery for several years. I have several hip quivers, and most of them are fine to use. The only one I didn't like was the vista quiver with a bunch of artifical fur around it. I believe it's the "rustler" model. Too hard to get arrows in & out.
wabi
Farmer

Another hip quiver

Post by Farmer »

Found this hip quiver awhile ago looked interesting. I think it would be quite user friendly.

www.sportsandrectec.com/archerytech/sidewinder.asp
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Well the ad sure gets your attention, thats for sure. :)
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

for hunting hip quivers cause me alot of problems. extra movement for one and if its swingin around and hits something it makes unwanted noise....catching on stuff... and havin to wear it around my waist..I have enough stuff around my waist as it is...my pack belt , saftey belts ( i rig up before I get to my tree) so another is to much..and with my quiver up above my xbow with a Dan miller bracket I can keep it outa the crap, if I need to take a shot on the way to the tree no problem..and once I get in my tree it comes off and I hang it outa the way..best setup Ive come up with...hip quivers are ok for 3d and target but when you need to conserve space the dan miller bracket and carrying your quiver straight above the limbs is the best for me..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Geeeez Farmer.............. clicked onto the site and couldn't see the hip quiver. All I saw was a girl in diferent positons.

But I'll think a hip quiver is the way to go. My quiver on my Exomag stabs me in the back when I'm heading out to my tree stand, also makes it lighter to hold up.

Grey Owl
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

GREY OWL wrote:Geeeez Farmer.............. clicked onto the site and couldn't see the hip quiver. All I saw was a girl in diferent positons.

But I'll think a hip quiver is the way to go. My quiver on my Exomag stabs me in the back when I'm heading out to my tree stand, also makes it lighter to hold up.

Grey Owl
Yep GREY OWL thats true, them were some neat hips (quiver) ta check out.... 8)
Always learning!!
Home fer now!