Hey yall whats that stuff that--------->

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

Hey yall whats that stuff that--------->

Post by Hoss »

Whats that stuff that you soak or wash your clothes in ..Im not sure the process but it will make your stuff water proof...mabey you even iron it or something..not sure thats why im askin...I like to hunt alot in the rain and wet stuff...best time to outsmart that bigboy IMHO.. :twisted: anyway if anyone knows or has any expert advice let me know.......

Thanks Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Gerard Dick

Post by Gerard Dick »

I have a product called Cotton Proof made by NIKWAX, a British outfit. You just wash your (already clean) clothes in this stuff and then tumble dry them in the dryer on low heat. I bought it in our local gun shop last year at the end of the season. I can't tell you how good it works 'cause I want to do the job closer to hunting season in case it wears off. Those Aussie drover coats are treated with a wax compound and there is stuff available for them to recoat when the waterproofing wears thin. (check Cabelas) You might be able to use that but I'd be nervous about leaving an oil slick on your car seat if your clothes get too waxy.
Gerard
we get too soon old and too late smart
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Unless you have Goretex or a similar rainproof garment, you will get wet. NIKWAX restores water repellency to these types of garments.

I also use a camo tree umbrella which really is a must while on stand.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Hoss ya have too buy rainproof garments.... :shock: This is the way too go :!: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Big John

water proof

Post by Big John »

Hoss:

This isn't what you wan't to hear, but I like to hunt the rain to, and I stay dry by wearing my thin skin rain suit under my thin camo outfit on those days. On the colder days I wear my insulated outfit and tough it out . It's usually only for 4 or 5 hr. anyway. Well maybe 5 or 6 hr. :)

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Evan

Post by Evan »

I have a Miata convertible and use a waterproofing product called Starbrite (available at boat stores) on the convertible top. It's not really cheap but a bit goes a long ways and it works. After applying this stuff to fabric water beads up and rolls off without penetrating the fabric.

Evan
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Sportschief pants and jacket with Aquatex ( without the scent block) keeps me dry.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
huntman

Post by huntman »

If i'm not wearing GORTEX i'm not going out!!! Been proven over and over with friends that don't wear it and friends that do! :D Can get expensive but worth ever darn penny!!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

good advise guys......John thats what I have been doing where my frog togs under my camo...But a friend of mine who is outa town now was talkin about something he did to his other non repellant camo and he liked it...so I just thought I would ask...I do have gortex and waterproof camo but I have alot of other camo I would wear duck huntin if I could make it waterproof...thats what ive been thinkin anyway...Thanks fellas..
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Hoss wrote:.I do have gortex and waterproof camo .
Hey Hoss, when you come up this fall you best make sure you bring up a pair of hip wadders, we are gonna need them in a couple of spots!... :D

take care!...

LoneWolf
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Roger that bro...I will go get me a new pair..mine are shot...you got a pm mike.. :wink:
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

You may be thinking of Hunt-Dri. I have seen the ads for this stuff, but have never used it or known anyone that has. Here is the web site. www.staydri.com Good luck.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Thanks Newbi I think thats it but they say it works for light to moderate rain .so I aint wasting my time...spend money right the first time is my theory......... :wink: