Hard Case for Excalibur Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dryhorn2

Hard Case for Excalibur Crossbow

Post by dryhorn2 »

We need a hard case badly Bill T. I went shopping today at the TN Expo and got a double shotgun case but after taking my exomax apart to get everything in it I don't like this at all and I sure don't like the soft case for it either. Come on Excalibur get us a hardcase for this great crossbow. I was talking the exomax up too at the Excalibur booth.
With God all things are possible
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

dryhorn2 you are really better off with the double shotgun case inless you just like BIG :!:

The xbow fits most double shotgun cases really nice, and the few min. spent taking it apart is little, and only a couple more to put it back together with it shooting as before.

A hard xbow case would be really large to have to carry around. I am sure someone on here could make you a nice one if'n thats what you really want.... :D

1/4" or 1/8" plywood case contoured to your xbow, with a nice finish would do the trick.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

GaryL wrote: A hard xbow case would be really large to have to carry around.
That is the turn off for me.

The ones I have seen for the compound crossbows are HUGE..

The Excalibur one would be even bigger as it has a greater "wingspan".

I'd have to put a set of wheels on it and tow it behind my truck...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Digger

Post by Digger »

It aint going to happen dryhorn2, the only market for them would be Excalibur owners. I've been searching for recurve case for my Excals for the last 10 years and a double gun case is best I could find. It takes up half the room a hard case for a recurve would. Other than taking two bolts out to fit it in the case , what is your dislike. I find it works out great and you don't need to resight when its put togetherand takes less than 2 minutes to take apart and put together. I have used mine for the last 5 years.

Digger

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

a great hardcase was once made by Hoppes-I have two-you took the bow off and it fit in fine. I will probably use a pelican for my custom Point Blanc if I have to travel with it-unlike the hunting bows, you have to take the stirrup off.
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

If you don't like the double gun case (I didn't either because it wasn't thick enough) get you a Flambeau compound bow case. My Exocet 200 fits in it nicely. And it can be bought pretty cheaply (<$20 USD).