Shot exomag 1st time

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bruno-TL

Shot exomag 1st time

Post by Bruno-TL »

Hmm. Shot my exomag for the first time tonight. Am using peep site and single pin fiber optic. Right on at 20 yards.

Question> Was disappointed in how loud the bow was compared to my other crossbows. Limb compensators are installed. What else can be done. I would hate to take this bow hunting.

Thom
GaryL

Re: Shot exomag 1st time

Post by GaryL »

Bruno-TL wrote:Hmm. Shot my exomag for the first time tonight. Am using peep site and single pin fiber optic. Right on at 20 yards.

Question> Was disappointed in how loud the bow was compared to my other crossbows. Limb compensators are installed. What else can be done. I would hate to take this bow hunting.

Thom
Bruno do a search on quite as it has been covered much....the noise you hear is not as loud as you perceive.... :D Was the last thing this guy heard if he did.... :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Its not as loud as you think, stand to one side and have some one else fire your xbow. The only thing to really quieted you bow down any degree would be a wooden stock, it will cut the noise in half. You can also use a heavier bolt in the weight of 450 gr or more.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Big John

exomag

Post by Big John »

Bruno-TL

I won't matter what noise tho bow makes! At 35 yds. or less The bolt will be through the animal before it hears it. Have fun with your new toy.
You are over estimating the impact of the noise. You will love the results. :)

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Bruno-TL the Excalibur can be quited down with a wooden stock from Mark and they do be super stocks. I don't know what other xbows you are comparing the noise to but mine are sure quiter then my TenPoint stealth X2, or my Horton. The only xbow thats quiter then my Excalibur's is a TenPoint elite Q4.

My Exomag 200lb'er is not bad at all and my Phoenix I would put up against any XBOW as it is really quite.

You can also fill the void in the handle (plug comes off bottom) with silicone, then you can make sure all your bolts and screws are tight and that your Brace Height if using a FFF string is set at around 1 1/8", if using a excel string then it's a put on and shoot string. Also as stated by Digger you might want to go with a heavier bolt.

For some good info and reading do a search on quite and you will find some more ideas. If yoou should go with expanding foam in the rail use caution as it can get into the trigger system. Stabilizers are also a good choice and also a wooden stock by Mark. Too see so Mark stocks again a simple search on stocks or wood will bring up some super wooden stocks by Mark for the Excalibur xbows. Starting cost is around $225.00.... :D

Here is one to get ya started.... :D

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ight=quite
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Bruno-TL

Post by Bruno-TL »

Hi guys and thanks for the quick responses.

Yes you are probably right that the sound won't make much difference when hunting. Most of my shots are 30 yds or less.

Is there anything else I should do as far as normal operating procedures. String or unstring bow if idle for more than how long? etc. etc.

Thom
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

If you dont plan on shootin it for awhile taken the string off as it is very easy is good advise as well as the dissapater pads..Its really a great bow I have a mag and these guys are right that xbow is so fast it wont matter..I thought mine was loud until I stood off a few feet and let my buddy shoot it, I realized I was hearin alot of noise from the stock resinating..I found this as well as the wooden stock a great help---string brace hieght like Gary said is critical to noise..inch and a 1/8th is perfect..
good luck
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!