new broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dw

new broadheads

Post by dw »

Eastman Outfitters Ti-2 Extreme Titanium Broadheads 100 grain
Deadly accuracy plus extreme durability. 1-pc. steel ferrule is coated in pure titanium for superior strength and corrosion resistance. 3-sided Trocar tip with 3 incredibly sharp, .017" in-line blades. 1" cutting diameter. i bought some of these at walmart. $6.95 for a 3 pack. they shoot great, just like the fieldpoints. almost looks like the slicktricks.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Weight???
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

.017" in-line blades?

That's pretty thin isn't it?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
dw

Post by dw »

say's right in my post 100 grains
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Well DUH! Guess I'm going blind!

Thanks!
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

17/1000s does seen thin by today's standards, but I have some old Wasp Cam-Locs and their blades were 15/1000. I took an elk with one of these several years ago. It went through a rib on the near side and stopped in the shoulder on the off side. Blades remained intact and sharp. So I think that they should be thick enough. Maybe.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I would think and hope they run these broadheads through a rigorous test.

Grey Owl
tcthomas

still like them?

Post by tcthomas »

dw,

I was wondering if you developed any more opinions on these broadheads. I saw them at my local WalMart here in SC and on the mention you made went ahead a bought me a 3-pack. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet, and was wondering if you still like yours. The last couple of years I've used Slicktricks and have been very happy with them. But if these shoot just as good, they sure are a lot cheaper.

Tim
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

I picked some up a couple of days ago. Haven't shot them yet because I discovered right from the start that they are not for me. The head that I got were dead dull. I couldn't disassemble the head to get the blades out for sharpening, and couldn't find any replacement blades anyway. These will just go into the box with other rejects.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
dw

Post by dw »

mine were as sharp as any other broadheads i have bought. i think the muzzys are the sharpest out of the box. mine shoot pretty dam good. plus the price is right.
"dw"
Last edited by dw on Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you gotta love it"
A.W

Post by A.W »

I'd sure like to try them out but the WalMart near me doesn't have any hunting gear.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
terry-1

broadheads

Post by terry-1 »

I saw those heads at walmart and almost bought some, but told myself no I already have 18 brand new sonic heads for this season. They really look good and the price is untouchable. They were in the package so I could not check blade sharpness but I know they should fly well very compact and small, should catch little wind. Makes you wonder why other broadheads cost so much more?? There must be alot of mark up there. Here is the link to the site: http://www.eastmanoutfitters.com/broadheads.shtml
tcthomas

new broadheads

Post by tcthomas »

Thanks for the input.

Maybe I'll get out and shoot them this weekend and then I'll tell you what I think.

Tim