Advice to buy a new trail cam...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gad

Advice to buy a new trail cam...

Post by gad »

I was thinking about this:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... id=0031737

that's is the Moultrie Digital Game Spy Camera. The 1.3 mp resolution is enough for me. I was just thinking how much pictures the cam can take before replace the battery? Anyone uses this trail cam?

Thank you!
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Gad,

Buy it off of eBay, it's much cheaper!!! Just do a search on "Moultrie" and find one that will ship to Brazil.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=9542

Partikle
gad

Post by gad »

Partikle wrote:Gad,

Buy it off of eBay, it's much cheaper!!! Just do a search on "Moultrie" and find one that will ship to Brazil.

Partikle
Yes, I probably will buy that from walmart. Have used the cabelas link only because it was easy to find.

Thanks for your tips Partikle!
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

gad wrote:

Partikle
Yes, I probably will buy that from walmart. Have used the cabelas link only because it was easy to find.

Ya that Walmart price was excellent!!! Do they ship out of the US?
gad

Post by gad »

Partikle wrote:
gad wrote:

Partikle

Ya that Walmart price was excellent!!! Do they ship out of the US?
Do not, but a good friend from the forum will receive it on home and repost it for me!

I LOVE this forum!
wilsonj73

Post by wilsonj73 »

As for picture quality, do a search in the forum for "moultrie" or trail cam and see what results you get.

There are a number of members whom have the camera and have posted pics on here.

I just bought one off ebay and am waiting for its arrival.

My .02$
Give a kid a fish and they'll eat for a day, teach a kid to fish and they'll eat for a lifetime!
gad

Post by gad »

wilsonj73 wrote:As for picture quality, do a search in the forum for "moultrie" or trail cam and see what results you get.

There are a number of members whom have the camera and have posted pics on here.

I just bought one off ebay and am waiting for its arrival.

My .02$
Thanks WilsonJ73
doubledrop

Post by doubledrop »

i have a moultrie and have gotten over 500 pics on it they r great for the money i have no complaints with mine would like to get another one to replace my 35mm. my wife got me 2 125sd cards and they work great leave one in the camera and just switch them out every couple days its a slick system good luck
gad

Post by gad »

doubledrop wrote:i have a moultrie and have gotten over 500 pics on it they r great for the money i have no complaints with mine would like to get another one to replace my 35mm. my wife got me 2 125sd cards and they work great leave one in the camera and just switch them out every couple days its a slick system good luck
What kind of battery are you using? And how many pictures each charge (in case of rechargeable battery) or each battery (in case of lantern battery) are giving ?

Thank you!
doubledrop

Post by doubledrop »

im not using a rechargable battery yet i mite go to that but not right now i did some messing around with it at first and without the extra sd card you have to bring the camera in to your computer or t.v to look at pics so with all that i got clost to the 500 pics cuz i just changed it out this last weekend i checked it yesterday and had 38 pics in 2 days time the battery didnt last quite as long as i thought it should i am using everready batterys probably not the best choice
gad

Post by gad »

doubledrop wrote:im not using a rechargable battery yet i mite go to that but not right now i did some messing around with it at first and without the extra sd card you have to bring the camera in to your computer or t.v to look at pics so with all that i got clost to the 500 pics cuz i just changed it out this last weekend i checked it yesterday and had 38 pics in 2 days time the battery didnt last quite as long as i thought it should i am using everready batterys probably not the best choice
When I get mine moutrie digital I will try to use a 4D alkaline battery configuration, using duracell or duracell ultra. I think you could get a lot of pictures with this kind of battery configuration.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

gad wrote: When I get mine moutrie digital I will try to use a 4D alkaline battery configuration, using duracell or duracell ultra. I think you could get a lot of pictures with this kind of battery configuration.
Pick up the solar panel for $20 and a recharable battery and you'll save a lot in the long run.