Aftershock & Montec Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lyn-X

Aftershock & Montec Broadheads

Post by Lyn-X »

Anyone have any kill/ harvest experience with these heads? i'm not a fan of mechanicals but the Aftershock have my attention. the solid montecs seem to fly well. Thanks Lynn :twisted:
tatman1315

Aftershock Archery broadheads

Post by tatman1315 »

I got some off ebay the 125 hypershock 2 3/4 cut.Have not recieved yet but will post the results as soon as i can. $32 with shipping.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hey lynn I shoot Montecs as well as slicks....my fav is slicks but Im startin to like the montecs as much as....they fly nice...I like that i can sharpin them easy...I dont use mechanicals any more once you hit a deer and you know if you had a slick or montec that deer would be down it kinda makes you wonder why you went to those anyway...just my 2 cents..

good luck
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
terry-1

heads

Post by terry-1 »

I agree with hoss on the fact if your crossbow will shot good fixed blades why even bother to use a expandable head of any kind. The only reason I use them is for turkeys sometimes for the huge cut as turkeys can be hard to stop with a bow or crossbow and small cut fixed head. If you are having problems with accuracy then you may look into a expandable head. The Motecs are very nice I have a few of them myself.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Anyone have any kill/ harvest experience with these heads?
I've killed a couple deer using the G-5 Montec. Put it in the right spot (through both lungs) and the blood trail will be short!
wabi
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

I've harvested wild boar using G5 Montec, there crazy! They are capable of penetrating some pretty darn tough materials at longer ranges, due to the push-cut technology. And sharpening them is easy, but is hardly needed when you purchase there G5 Montec Pre-season broadheads. Definitly one of the most Kinteic energy efficient broadheads, you can find.