Why buy a deer tag?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cedrus

Post by Cedrus »

"Why buy a deer tag?"

That's easy to answer. It helps support my State's Fish and Wildlife Dept.,..and...it's the law.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I believe it's one thing to report an illegal activity, it's another to report suspected activity, and it's just wrong to send police off on a wild goose chase. Wasting tax payer money is what this was successful at accomplishing . . .and maybe scaring Tigerpaw a little. Using government funds and manpower for this type of nonsense is simply wrong.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bobby jost

We can't have that... that what?

Post by bobby jost »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( the MNR have the option to come and evaluate the damage before issueing the permit ) Now now we cant have that can we!! With all that walking around they might bump into my other crop
( from this TigerPaw fellow)

Strange humour from a fellow who... brought the wrong message!
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Looks like the witch hunt is still going strong! :roll:

If we are going into old posts what about this one.

:edited because TPM is right!

"I have no doubt that you tagged the deer after the pictures and I don't think information in this thread poses any threat to you in terms of MNR enforcement but I am concerned when some one on a public forum tries to justify "over riding" the law. I'm certainly not going to shoot you for it but keep in mind that there are most likely kids and young hunters reading this stuff and I think that those of us who have been hunting for a number of years owe it to the hunting community as a whole to set a good example for them. If you've ever personally mentored young hunters then you probably know what an impact simple comments and actions can have on them. "

Kids the law is the law.
Tigerpaw

Re: We can't have that... that what?

Post by Tigerpaw »

bobby jost wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( the MNR have the option to come and evaluate the damage before issueing the permit ) Now now we cant have that can we!! With all that walking around they might bump into my other crop
( from this TigerPaw fellow)

Strange humour from a fellow who... brought the wrong message!
Now you are stretching............. :roll: It was a dang joke and you sir are off base by thinking otherwise!!!

I have never done drugs, grown drugs, or have ever had anything to do with drugs!!!!

Open your eyes!

What the He!! is wrong with you is this truly just about jealous hunters that hate seeing someone else have a once in a life time year or do you just hate me for some unknow reason and find it funny to accuse me of doing drugs?? in a public forum for your own personal satisfaction!!
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

chris4570 wrote:I noticed a lot of forum members upset by someone tipping off the MNR about an infraction of the game laws.

If you saw a guy dragging a deer out of the woods without a tag affixed to it would you turn a blind eye? I wouldn't.

Have any of you made the effort to report poaching, illegal fishing etc.? I do. Why wouldn't I? I hunt and fish the same woods and streams.
If those deer you saw were being pulled out from the woods behind your own house on your own land after 3:00 am and when those deer hit the ground both had tags put on ASAP what would you do then?
swiftfox

deer tags why buy

Post by swiftfox »

Boys.....and I mean boys sit down suck back and reload. we were talking about MNR and buying extra tags. this is supposed to be a family friendly fourm. with both adult male and female members and guests. whats the matter you all suffering from cabin fever? Let get back on track and talk civil to each other. P.s saw some more turkeys--the feathered kind today. be nice play nice we all love the same sport ...Swiftfox
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Whether or not the deer were taken on private or public land the deer need to be tagged. If I saw someone dragging a deer out at 3am, with or without a tag I would question it.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

chris4570 wrote:Whether or not the deer were taken on private or public land the deer need to be tagged. If I saw someone dragging a deer out at 3am, with or without a tag I would question it.
If you were on my land at 3:00am my Marlin Gov. 45-70 may have a question or two for you!! :wink:

I have always liked your posts Chris4570 but you are a bit off on this one.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Tigerpaw wrote:
chris4570 wrote:Whether or not the deer were taken on private or public land the deer need to be tagged. If I saw someone dragging a deer out at 3am, with or without a tag I would question it.
If you were on my land at 3:00am my Marlin Gov. 45-70 may have a question or two for you!! :wink:

:?: :?: :?: Not sure how I wound up on your land. But it's good to know you would be asking questions with a gun!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Hey TP ... chill ... when you post stuff like ...
If you were on my land at 3:00am my Marlin Gov. 45-70 may have a question or two for you!!
No wonder some of us believe your thinkinng process is a little askew ? :shock:

Not sure how it all started ... I remember when you posted about your bucks ... I thought " beauty bucks ! congrats " ... but some of your off color comments and challenges of the law etc. have got me wondering just how your thought process works ?

Not meant to upset you , but joking about gun play of that sort is very unsettling !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

The clinical term would be A.D.D. Not to mention a "Above the Law Ego". Just be thankful you don't live near him and I feel sorry for his neighbors as he probably treats them the same and they probably turned him in to the MRN.
If you can't Dodge It, Ram IT
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

CYCLONE wrote:The clinical term would be A.D.D. Not to mention a "Above the Law Ego". Just be thankful you don't live near him and I feel sorry for his neighbors as he probably treats them the same and they probably turned him in to the MRN.
I will meet you at the end of my driveway after I feed the cows! say.... tomorrow at 1400. We can then go from neighbor to neighbor and ask them about their bull/bulls and calves as well as asking them what they think of me. If you are not there I will would appreciate a public apology.
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

R.J. wrote:Hey TP ... chill ... when you post stuff like ...
If you were on my land at 3:00am my Marlin Gov. 45-70 may have a question or two for you!!
No wonder some of us believe your thinkinng process is a little askew ? :shock:

Not sure how it all started ... I remember when you posted about your bucks ... I thought " beauty bucks ! congrats " ... but some of your off color comments and challenges of the law etc. have got me wondering just how your thought process works ?

Not meant to upset you , but joking about gun play of that sort is very unsettling !
Sorry Sorry guys it was meant as a bit of a joke betwen chris4570 and I.

We both hunt with the Gov. 45-70 cal. firearm so we know the humor behind the old western buffalo cartridge. I can see as an outsider how it could look out of place but it was not meant that way and I am sure chris4570 knowing a good bit about the caliber and its history will get the point far sooner then you.

I am in NO way against the LAW or OFF color! (as you say).
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Got it ... Meant to be a " heads up " ... pretty scary when you read stuff like AW's post re Stockwell Day's thinking about a tip line for unstable gun owners ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "