Why buy a deer tag?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rutman

Post by rutman »

Not to be whimpy!
I hope i didn't offend you guys! I'm not, nor have I ever been anti farmer. But I am pro "every man for himself" and if it is not work'n for ya move on and find something that does. Everyone has to do something for a living and most have to work hard, which puts most of us in the same boat. Special privelages should only apply to people without the resourses to improve their situation not somebody that can't afford an ATV. I've now said everything that I wanted to say and yes I feel better.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
huntman

Post by huntman »

I dont think your being "wimpy" rutman!! I think your just looking to clear yourself ASAP from this rediculous thread. I have not and will not even comment on this BS
hawg hunter

nusance deer

Post by hawg hunter »

As in all states deer sooner or later become a problem. When I was young my grand father had an orchid he mainly grew peaches, and plums but also a few pears. He high fenced it to keep deer out. If he found one iside the fence it was put in the frying pan. Call the game warden tell him what the problem is and they will let you cull off problem deer. Bad thing about this is you cannot legally use the venison. So most farmers don't bother calling.
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

In the lot back of my house,(40 acres)I do QDM,went from 5 deer in that section to 80 deers.Then if i consider being a farmer,I would get the right to kills deers witout permit.Not fair.
The real problem is that farmer DO NOT ACCEPT HUNTERS on their lots,it is the real delemma.
Make the law oblige hunters to hunt their section and for sure they will lower the number of deers there.

I have a farmer close by who told me to hunt is orchards lot to lower deers damage and it work.MRN shoul promote that kind of participation.
Taureau noir
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

huntman wrote:I dont think your being "wimpy" rutman!! I think your just looking to clear yourself ASAP from this rediculous thread. I have not and will not even comment on this BS
I can't say that I blame you guys. :roll:
Ontario Trophy Bucks
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

Will make a correction on my previous post , make the law force farmers to use or give access to their lots and surely the damage will get low.
Taureau noir
A.W

Post by A.W »

taureau noir wrote:Will make a correction on my previous post , make the law force farmers to use or give access to their lots and surely the damage will get low.
Taureau noir
What about the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms?
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

Its apply on both side:what about the hunter's right?Here in Canada nobody has the right to defend anhunter to go hunting and even a farmer is under those laws.
Taureau noir
A.W

Post by A.W »

You can't force property owners to allow others/strangers on their property. How would you like it if somebody came onto your property with various weapons.

English.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/Const/index.html

French.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/fr/const/index.html
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Force farmers to allow access to their property by anyone???????? Are you on crack!?! :roll: Why would anyone buy land and pay taxes if not to have sole use of that land? How about we let anyone who wants to drive YOUR car or live in YOUR house. It's no different than your argument.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I'm not Canadian, but here in America we believe in property rights.

I like company, but if I find someone hunting on my place wthout permission, we're going to have us a little "discussion." :?

I don't mind lettling folks hunt sometimes, but the law says this land is mine. I paid money to possess it. I pay taxes to keep it. I'll defend my right to prohibit activity upon it.

Asking first is all it takes. Either I'll let you or I won't ... but if you're acting right, we'll be friends either way. :D
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

A.W. . . .I think he makes a good point. How can you manage a deer population if landowner doesn't allow hunting? However, in the cases I've seen . . .the landowners are begging for hunters and they don't care what type of weapon. They do want the deer taken legally, however.

I don't think there would be a case for a landowner asking for damage tags and not allowing someone to shoot the deer.

Has this thread lost it's direction? Am I lost? Actually, I'm headed out of town . . .you guys have a great weekend!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

The day the government forces me to allow strangers to hunt on my land will be the day that they pay my land taxes...

I'm sorry, but it just ain't gonna happen...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
rutman

Post by rutman »

Have to reply! don't feel as good anymore.
NO WAY SHOULD ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY BE ABLE TO FOR ANY LAND OWNERS TO DO ANY THING OTHER THAN TAXES EVER! EVER! EVER!. NEVER WOULD I EVER BACK THAT, THEY ALREADY HAVE TOO MUCH CONTROL. THAT WOULD BE RIDICULOUS, AS IF THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WORSE BY LOOKING AFTER MORE!
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

rutman wrote:Have to reply! don't feel as good anymore.
NO WAY SHOULD ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY BE ABLE TO FOR ANY LAND OWNERS TO DO ANY THING OTHER THAN TAXES EVER! EVER! EVER!. NEVER WOULD I EVER BACK THAT, THEY ALREADY HAVE TOO MUCH CONTROL. THAT WOULD BE RIDICULOUS, AS IF THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WORSE BY LOOKING AFTER MORE!
Could not agree more.