New to everything!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

johnjyb

Post by johnjyb »

Provincial regs was what I was going to say before I hit the wrong button lol.
johnjyb
grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi Johnjyb,
Thanks for the info. I checked with authorities in NB where I will be living soon, and they told me I would be ok to control any bothersome critter on my own land...except moose and deer. I don't intend to shoot anything that doesnt bother me, and will be spending most of my time target shooting to gain experience with a bow, and go on from there. I know what I need to do to be able to aquire and use a firearm, and to hunt with any weapon, but I wasn't sure about the law regarding aquiring a bow to use on my own property for the reasons I mentioned. I now know a lot more thanks to this forum which I only joined today, and I have been pointed in the right direction with regards to bows. I must say that I am amazed at the response to my request for information, and I thank all the guys who have answered so quickly. I feel a little out of my depth at this stage, but I know I will learn a lot on here.
I look forward to learning all about bows etc, and will be watching out for any new postings, as well as looking back over the old ones.
Thanks everyone,
Grizzled.
grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi AW,
I contacted bj by email, and got a quick reply. You were right about his prices, they do seem very good. I am waiting to hear from him again, and will then probably put in my order. I just wanted to be sure that I could buy a bow to use on my own land first....have to get everything correct regarding rules etc! I will make sure that I obtain all the course certificates and licences for hunting etc in the near future, but for now, I just want to become acustomed to the bow....using it on my own property.
I'll need to know what arrows/bolts I need, and what to use for a target etc, so any advice from the forum will be greatly appreciated.
Keep up the good work,
Grizzled. :roll:
A.W

Post by A.W »

grizzled47 wrote: I'll need to know what arrows/bolts I need, and what to use for a target etc, so any advice from the forum will be greatly appreciated.
Lots of info on the forum., Just play with the search engine. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

Thanks AW, I'll certainly have a good look through the posts.