Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Indiana eliminates high-fenced hunting

Post by Woody Williams »

YAHOOOO!!!

IDNR eliminates high-fenced hunting

For immediate release: August 11, 2005

DNR eliminates high-fenced hunting

Thursday, August 11, 2005 Department of Natural Resources Director Kyle Hupfer announced that the DNR will eliminate hunting of captive whitetail deer within an enclosure.

Indiana citizens wishing to possess whitetail deer for any purpose must obtain a Game Breeder’s License issued by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.

The scope of the Game Breeder’s License is limited to the propagation of an animal in captivity or the possession, purchase or sale of an animal solely for the purpose of propagation. A Game Breeder’s License does not allow the hunting or purposeful killing of deer maintained under that license.

“The actions taken today and the enforcement of the Game Breeder’s License restrictions ensure that the strong Hoosier hunting heritage is protected for generations to come,” said Director Hupfer.

Also today it was announced that an emergency rule was signed stating that Hoosiers will no longer be able to hunt exotic species behind a high-fence. Among those species are wild boar, sheep, zebra and elk.

“In order to preserve the hunting tradition, we must ensure that all hunting in Indiana is done in an ethical manner and in a way that conforms with long-standing fair chase ethics,” said Director Hupfer.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Mark

Post by Mark »

Im not too keen on the high fence thing either.....But mind you when the government regulates and manipulates rules/laws to the advantages of a few over the majority or makes a once legal action as it were...now a criminal act then i have a problem with that. Keep in mind that their idea of gun control isnt hitting what you aim at. I see it as one more step in the elimination of all hunting sporting or otherwise. Those who want your rights abolished dont see a difference between fenced or unfenced.

Dont mean to ruffle any feathers....Just my .02$

Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk
JD Jones

fenced

Post by JD Jones »

:lol: Don't be so shy Woody, tell us what you really think.
JD
The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse.
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

good point Mark!
thanks philip
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

What Mark said!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Well fellers ,

We HAVE to have rules and regulations in hunting or we would return ot the days of market hunting.

That is the DNR's job to regulate hunting.

To have actual hutning we have to have fair chase.

This isn't and reflects a very bad light on hunting..

Something that the ARFs can use agauinst us in an attempt to ban all hunting..
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Woody wrote :

IMHO ... That about sums it up !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Anyone who lives close to R. J. is welcome to watch a video that I sent him.

I am quite sure that the ARFs have this same video and it will be trotted out in the future when real hunting is being debated.
Woody Williams

bj

Post by bj »

Mark wrote: I see it as one more step in the elimination of all hunting sporting or otherwise. Those who want your rights abolished dont see a difference between fenced or unfenced.

Mark
...absolutely "right on!!!!!!"...might seem like a good thing now, but watch out...from this side of the fence we've seen exactly the same thing (s) happen with always alternate motives in mind - or at least it opens the door for more...trust me, been there, seen it first hand...the high fence hunting thing is kinda like a post that rubs you the wrong way...if you don't like it don't read it...if the fence bothers you, don't get inside the gate...

And like Mark, don't mean to ruffle the feathers, but my 02 cents also !...

Wayne...
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Mark wrote:Im not too keen on the high fence thing either.....But mind you when the government regulates and manipulates rules/laws to the advantages of a few over the majority or makes a once legal action as it were...now a criminal act then i have a problem with that. Keep in mind that their idea of gun control isnt hitting what you aim at. I see it as one more step in the elimination of all hunting sporting or otherwise. Those who want your rights abolished dont see a difference between fenced or unfenced.

Mark
Here in Ontario there have been instances of just the opposite happening. For example, wild turkeys were re-introduced and we're now able to hunt them. We can buy additional game tags for deer. We Can Hunt throughout the entire archery season with a crossbow and we can legally bait deer.

How many states and provinces are there where all those things have happened? In some ways, not all ways of course, but in some ways I think we have more hunting rights now then we did 30 years ago?

Thoughts?
My .02 cents.
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Woody Williams wrote:Well fellers ,

We HAVE to have rules and regulations in hunting or we would return ot the days of market hunting.

Yep, but this isn't hunting.......it's killing a privately owned animal on private property........'bout the same as slaughtering a hog.......if someone wants to take a "hero" photo......that's his business!

That is the DNR's job to regulate hunting.

Yep, but this isn't hunting.......it's killing a privately owned animal on private property.......the DNR has no business trying to regulate what somebody does with a privately owned animal on private land.....a privately owned animal is no longer a natural resource.......it's private property

Yep, but this isn't hunting.......it's killing a privately owned animal on private property.

Only to those folks who believe it's hunting.......most of those folks are not our friends anyway......

Yep, however, if they can't find something like this......they will make something up....they do it all the time.....they hate us.......they are NOT our friends.......why worry about what they think......the only goal they have is to ban all hunting........they are the enemy???

I don't support killing animals in pens ......but who decides how big an "enclosure" must be before fair chase is eliminated??? I hunted elk on a National Wildlife Refuge a few years back........is 64,000 acres big enough to be fair chase??? This refuge is high fenced.......the fence is 8' high.......I have PERSONALLY watched deer and elk jump that fence........if they don't go over it.....they go under it or through it.........there are now as many elk outside the refuge as inside!

I'm sure Indiana means well, but the unintended conquences of this ban will eventually bite us all...........pardon me if I don't rejoice!