Red Dot Scopes

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ben S.

Red Dot Scopes

Post by Ben S. » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:40 am

Does anyone know how long the batteries will last with red dot scopes.

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:25 am

Ben I have found that they last quite awhile, unless you forget to turn it off. My advice it to purchase a spare and carry it with you. I carry a spare for my range finder as well as my red dot. My Red dot has lasted two deer seasons + a turkey season.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]

Digger

Post by Digger » Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:10 pm

According to bushnell batteries in red dots and range finders with judisious use, will last a whole season and more but recommend batteries be changed every year. New batteries will last about 70 hrs if left on. Remember change these batteries when you are preparing to go hunting , then you won't be disappointed and always keep a spare in your day pack.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity

dirt tooth

Post by dirt tooth » Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:01 pm

Don't forget to remove the batteries after the season ends. :!: Most old batteries will leak and corrode the electonics. I helped build the laser bow site that N.V.G. makes and Cabella's sells. Every year when everyone was getting out their hunting equipment to start warming up for the new season we would get a bunch sent back to us because last years batteries had leaked acid.
We started including a disclaimer about leaking batteries for all the newer ones. :roll:

dirt tooth