tell me why i should buy a excalibur crossbow..

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckslayer

tell me why i should buy a excalibur crossbow..

Post by buckslayer » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:04 pm

are they more accurate,more quiet,they dont look as nice as hortons do but im thinking about buying one the looks dont kill the animal,im not downing excaliber just tell me why i should buy one.. :D

dw

Post by dw » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:22 pm

cause we said so!!!
"dw"
"you gotta love it"

Red Label

Post by Red Label » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:22 pm

Buckslayer,

10Ring summed it up pretty well in his post response to "crossbow"

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... c.php?t=44

Basically, the Exomag is one of the fastest bows on the market, with the added benefit of recurve simplicity. You can change a string in the field without the aid of a press, and the accuracy is secind to none.

Mike

Jim C

Post by Jim C » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:26 pm

Here is your answer

1) I have shot and owned every brand available in NA over the last 30 years. Excalibur is the only brand the shop my wife owns carries even though in the states, she could make far more money selling the US stuff (the Canadian Mail Order houses can sell excaliburs much less than we can)

2) last night, our top mechanic spent an hour fashioning a set screw for the wheel of a Jennings xbow lost during a cable replacement. With an excalibur, you can change the string in 30 seconds.

3), ever try reserving the center serving on a compound xbow without the cables getting in your way? I do all the time-its a pain.

4) accuracy-excaliburs win just about every 3D tournament going. I win indoor target matches with one-even though I have a 1200 dollar AUSBOW available.

5) our reps for major bow companies always tell us that "everyone knows that the excalibur is the top of the line". these are guys who rep for compound manufacturers who are allegedly "anti xbow".

6) the cheapest excalibur has the same exact quality in the trigger, prod and stock as the most expensive. the cheapest barnett or horton is far inferior to their 500 dollar top of the line jobs. I own and can buy any xbow made. I hunt with a vixen though I own a exomag and an exocet. why, it is easier to cock, carry etc

wabi

Post by wabi » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:55 pm

Same answer as recurve vs compound:
Because I'm hunting every day. My friend who owns a Horton is waiting on the pro shop to get the parts to fix it. Guess who's happier!
I could go on and on, and I've owned Horton & Barnett. There is no comparison. I own only Excalibur now! Weigh all the factors, price, quality, maintenance, etc. and Excalibur is tops!

10Ring

Appearance Horton or Excal.

Post by 10Ring » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:31 pm

Gee :shock: , I happen to like the look of my Excaliburs. :D
10Ring

JR

Post by JR » Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:46 am

Because they simply are the BEST quality, price and have the ABSOLUTE BEST customer service, bar none! 'Nuff said. -JR
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]

Farmer

Why Excalibur ?

Post by Farmer » Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:06 am

I first owned a PSE FoxfireII, it was cheaper than those Exocets and a compounds gotta be faster. :oops:
Well it killed deer, but the aluminum stock was cold ( in sub zero weather you hands were froze even with the best gloves)and noisy. :?
You needed to buy a special arrow holder for the from of the arrow as it would fall of the arrow rest when shooting down or canting the stock. :evil:
To unload you had to fire a bolt into the ground, this was because of a bull pup design. Every deer in the county heard me leave. :(
The trigger was as smooth as a rusty door hinge and had a little more creep and travel.
With this setup I needed a bow press to restring and it did go out of time and my nearest archery shop is 45 minutes away . :?

Then I got to try an Exocet :lol: .( They only had the Exocet and Vixen back then. ) I could not believe the difference. I had thought that I was quite Knowledgeable back when I bought the PSE :oops: .. I shoot only Excalibur and have for 10 years now, no break downs or complaints. So far from letting other people try mine I have got more than 7 others into shooting Excaliburs, and they all love them.

Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike » Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:22 am

Simple answer to your question....you want the best then buy an Excalibur!!!!!!!!! 8)

ComfyBear

Excalibur Crossbow

Post by ComfyBear » Sun Oct 13, 2002 10:00 pm

Why buy one, I can list a slew of reasons. However in the interest of being brief I'll say that in my opinion they are the best there is, and the service and warranty from Bill is second to none.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Custom Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

Beware those bearing gifts
He is served best, he who serves himself
False prophets will only lead one astray

Recon0321

Excalibur has an excellent warranty too!!!!

Post by Recon0321 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:01 pm

I have learned through the years you dont always get what you pay for!!! How many companies out there actually hunt with their products???? These crossbows are made by hunters for hunters.... You asked "Why should I buy a Excalibur" the choice is simply yours. If you have to ask why, then maybe you shouldn't purchase one!

Don

Post by Don » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:19 pm

Wheels and gizmo's look more high tech and impressive, right?
Sure but that doesn't mean they are better.

Shoot an excalibur and you will never pick up another bow. I have shot them both and there is a big difference in the performance and accuracy.

As they say "You don't need wheels to fly"

Don :lol:

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:17 am

"they dont look as nice as hortons "

I disagree, I think they look better than Hortons. Hortons look too "gadgety" for me, while the Excaliburs look strong, simple and rugged ... exactly what I'm looking for in a hunting crossbow, something you'll take out in the field in all kinds of weather, miles from civilization.

Evan

A.W

Post by A.W » Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:43 am

"cause they work!!!
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.

alexfromgermany

because it´s the best crossbow

Post by alexfromgermany » Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:09 pm

Lots of serious x-bow shooters order the exomag from canada instead of those readily available cheap barnett toys ........... because the excalibur crossbows will work for years and years and years

Their are accurate, with exellent trigger and lots of power ,,,,,,,, I never heard of a man with an barnett x-bow who won a tournament .... usually place 1,2,3 is excalibur, sometimes Horton or Darton.

There is only one x-bow superior to excalibur: I know a man, who builds his x-bow by himself ..... by the way: He used excalibur exomag-limbs ......