Dayton Invitational

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jim C

Dayton Invitational

Post by Jim C » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:33 pm

a couple of us shot the Dayton indoor with our Point Blancs. I have modified mine (I just bought another one that someone had ordered from our shop but didn't come back to buy[6 months ago]). I put on the ausbow palm rest-not hard to install [need a #30 drill and a 4mm tap]. However, it does make cocking a slightly bit more "athletic" and when you cock the bow, you have to be aware of the Palm rest mounting block on the side[easy to catch your right hand on it]. the Palm rest definetly makes it easier to shoot more accurately though many people will find the addition a bit awkard. We have found that resting your chin (if your neck is long enough) forward of the wood cheekpiece (older models) is more accurate-the other PB male xbow guy in Ohio does that too.

scores today, not bad, good enough to win, ok for this early in the season for both me and one of our shop's lady shooters. the light weight of the PB was a benefit (though I add alot of stabilization to it) because I had to shoot my martin olympic bow on the afternoon line (once again, ok score-good enough to win this tournament)