RCMP Use of Long Gun Registry Information Confirmed

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
IronNoggin

RCMP Use of Long Gun Registry Information Confirmed

Post by IronNoggin » Mon May 03, 2021 2:35 pm

As many believed, the RCMP apparently did keep copies of the long gun registries after being directly told by Parliament to destroy them:

Evidence shows Mounties kept a copy of the gun registry

"The long-gun registry was brought into being in 1995 with Bill C-68 but was done away with after the passage of Bill C-19 in 2012.

Yet, here was Burlew looking at a document from 2019 with information that could only have come from the registry.

“This shows that there is someone within the RCMP who has deliberately lied to Parliament and the courts.”

“The keeping of these records was calculated and a premeditated act designed to contravene the will of Parliament.”

... regardless of your position on guns, every Canadian should be concerned when a police force actively subverts the laws they are sworn to uphold."

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-evidence-shows-mounties-kept-a-copy-of-the-gun-registry
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

ihunt

Re: RCMP Use of Long Gun Registry Information Confirmed

Post by ihunt » Tue May 04, 2021 7:01 am

If the Mounties did keep a copy then they broke the law and the person(s) who broke the law should be brought to justice!
The law is the law and no one is above it but in this country pigs (cops) and parliament think they are and they do get away with it.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:42 am

I agree that THOSE who break the law should be punished to the FULLEST extent of the law when THEY themselves are sworn to uphold the law!!

But that's difficult to swallow that ALL PIGS ( Pride, Integrity and Guts), are corrupt!! :eusa-think: I have known literally thousands of cops in my lifetime and I would venture to say less than 1 tenth of 1% were ever guilty of any thing other than believing and trusting in those who actually make the laws. And that people are inherently good!! :eusa-think:

I might be somewhat biased since I toted a badge and a gun for roughly 27 years. :lol:
I have found out that you cannot paint everyone with the same brush using huge sweeping strokes, without getting paint on yourself. :eusa-naughty:

Are there bad cops. Unfortunately...yes.
Are ALL Cops bad? I know I wasn't. And I can attest to the character of the other 19 guys on the SWAT Unit I ran. NONE were guilty of anything except caring for the people they were sworn to protect!!

That's kinda like saying ALL people who RED Coats are guilty of engaging in some type of criminal activity everyday!!. :wtf: Sorry "ihunt"...I had to pick at ya!! :D :lol:

We all know the quote..."Absolute power corrupts, Absolutely"!!
Prosecute the "law breakers", but don't convict the innocent. :think: Be fair to your fellow man. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Don't lump everyone of a certain profession into one category. Never assume, you know what happens when you assume.... :mrgreen:

just the rambling thoughts of an Old East Texas Redneck!! :wink:
Y'all be safe out there!!
"The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions"

"Howdy"... from Deep within the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :wave:
Just make mine an Excalibur!!
AJ :mrgreen:

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am

AJ01 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:42 am
I agree that THOSE who break the law should be punished to the FULLEST extent of the law when THEY themselves are sworn to uphold the law!!

Are ALL Cops bad? I know I wasn't. And I can attest to the character of the other 19 guys on the SWAT Unit I ran. NONE were guilty of anything except caring for the people they were sworn to protect!!

That's kinda like saying ALL people who RED Coats are guilty of engaging in some type of criminal activity everyday!!. :wtf: Sorry "ihunt"...I had to pick at ya!! :D :lol:
That’s ok I was talking about the ‘bad’ ones. Those who abuse the law who should be punished.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

janesy

Post by janesy » Tue May 04, 2021 12:20 pm

I don't think it's generally believed that the "feet on the street" per say are in any way corrupt.

But Top Brass has made some seriously questionable decisions as of late. Google "RCMP High River" and you'll get a good taste as to why this current discovery is important.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:32 pm

janesy wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:20 pm
I don't think it's generally believed that the "feet on the street" per say are in any way corrupt.

But Top Brass has made some seriously questionable decisions as of late. Google "RCMP High River" and you'll get a good taste as to why this current discovery is important.
Chris...unfortunately it seems as folks "climb the ladder" the forbidden fruit gets sweeter!! :lol: :lol:

One simply has to look at the vaunted FBI to see how far politics will corrupt!! :eusa-doh: :eusa-liar:

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm

ihunt wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am
AJ01 wrote:

That's kinda like saying ALL people who wear RED Coats are guilty of engaging in some type of criminal activity everyday!!. :wtf: Sorry "ihunt"...I had to pick at ya!! :D :lol:
That’s ok I was talking about the ‘bad’ ones. Those who abuse the law who should be punished.
I agree 1000%!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
If you want to be a crook, resign, then be ready to pay the price for your actions!!
Get caught breaking the law while STILL in office, pay DOUBLE the price!! :eusa-naughty: :eusa-naughty:

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm

AJ01 wrote:

But that's difficult to swallow that ALL PIGS ( Pride, Integrity and Guts), are corrupt!! :eusa-think: I have known literally thousands of cops in my lifetime and I would venture to say less than 1 tenth of 1% were ever guilty of any thing other than believing and trusting in those who actually make the laws. And that people are inherently good!! :eusa-think:

I might be somewhat biased since I toted a badge and a gun for roughly 27 years. :lol:
I have found out that you cannot paint everyone with the same brush using huge sweeping strokes, without getting paint on yourself. :eusa-naughty:

That's kinda like saying ALL people who wear RED Coats are guilty of engaging in some type of criminal activity everyday!!. :wtf: Sorry "ihunt"...I had to pick at ya!! :D :lol:

Prosecute the "law breakers", but don't convict the innocent. :think: Be fair to your fellow man. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Don't lump everyone of a certain profession into one category. Never assume, you know what happens when you assume.... :mrgreen:

just the rambling thoughts of an Old East Texas Redneck!! :wink:

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:39 pm

AJ01 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm
AJ01 wrote:

Just the rambling thoughts of an Old East Texas Redneck!! :wink:
I have NO IDEA why this posted this again!!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol: :eusa-deadhorse: :eusa-naughty: :eusa-snooty: :eusa-think: :eusa-shifty:

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Wed May 05, 2021 7:04 am

AJ01 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:39 pm
I have NO IDEA why this posted this again!!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol: :eusa-deadhorse: :eusa-naughty: :eusa-snooty: :eusa-think: :eusa-shifty:
Cause you wanted to make sure everyone sees and read your post :shh: Hahaha just kidding :P
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

Hi5

Post by Hi5 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:40 pm

This is very serious stuff. There have been crimes committed--perjury, contempt of court, contempt of Parliament.

We need to get to the bottom of this. There has to be a full investigation.

This ought to be reported to the RCMP.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi5 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:40 pm
This is very serious stuff. There have been crimes committed--perjury, contempt of court, contempt of Parliament.

We need to get to the bottom of this. There has to be a full investigation.

This ought to be reported to the RCMP.
Now....that's funny!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: