I am a dead Sandy Hook Teacher.

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
birddog10

Re: I am a dead Sandy Hook Teacher.

Post by birddog10 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:41 pm

xsh0tya wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I am not getting into the middle of this this except to say Wikipedia is the last place I would trust any "facts" .
This is true, however if anyone has a more reliable source or can contradict it, I'm sure it would have been posted.
Exactly. "Prove me wrong," I always say. I can wait. What do you have JH that's different? Anything?

Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:15 am

Could be worse Awshucks, you could live here, almost 35 million people in Canada, and in 2011, 158 homicides were committed with a firearm and that number declines every year. Stabbings accounted for 35% of homicides, firearms for 27%, and stabbing deaths is increasing every year, YET, I must register my hunting rifles but not my knives ????
What our Gov't fails to inform the public is that firearm deaths were already on the decline with the introduction of firearm/hunting safety courses before any registration of firearms became law.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone

Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:16 am

awshucks wrote:Image

There's only 358 rifles [used] for 312 million Americans, pretty low odds if you ask me.......
granted it's for 2010 but still.............

Most of your hand gun deaths are suicides

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers

strum

Post by strum » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Last edited by strum on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16

strum

Post by strum » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16

xsh0tya

Post by xsh0tya » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:53 pm

hankenhunter wrote:
jh45gun wrote:You should keep silent if you have nothing good to say about pro gun rights.
In other words, if you don't agree with me shut your mouth. To that I reply; " Go f*ck yourself and the high horse you rode in on. You're a teabag wanna be with a serious man crush on the entire gop.
Respectfully, :roll:
Hank
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen: So I am not the only person who tends to disagree with this midget of intelligence. 8)

OldSkool

Post by OldSkool » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:34 pm

lol im jh45gun
im always right those other stupid poo poo heads are wrong i scream and swear at them and call them names so they shut up and see it my way im a bully my only arguments are ones i find on the net and copy/paste here i have no original thoughts

u so funny :lol:

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Fantasy vs. reality.

Fantasy . . .gun violence can be controlled by limiting the type of weapon a person can buy.

Fantasy . . .people will stop killing people if we eliminate guns from the planet.

Reality . . .mass murders are very rare events.

Reality . . .Gun ownership is not the problem and therefore banning them is not the solution.

Mass murders are not just committed by semi-automatic weapons. The largest mass murder of my lifetime was committed via using airplanes . . .second to that was done via using explosives . . .same goes for most mass murders.

Explosives have been outlawed for a long time, yet, are still available for those mad enough to use them.

Airplanes . . .the solution to that was to put air marshals on board . . .so far, so good.

Lets talk about automobiles . . .1137 deaths this year(so far) in the state of Georgia alone. An automobile is the most widely available killing machine on the planet.

Reality . . .you can take away the guns and there are still ample means of killing people by the masses.

There is another side of this debate too . . .the people that want to take care of themselves vs. those that want others to take care of them. I find it ironic that the very people that want to eliminate guns from the masses are still willing to pay, via taxes, to arm police and military to protect them. They are also some that have armed body guards protecting them as they speak.

I have a problem with having other people, that I do not know, being the only protection I have. If they are having a good donut or on a good lunch break, like the police in Columbine, then they may not make it to my emergency in time to save me and/or my family. The other problem is those officers may be protecting an area too large for immediate response . . .like in the VT shooting . . .or not properly trained to handle the emergency(officers are trained to WAIT for back-up while the killers keep shooting).

Reality . . .If I am protecting myself, then I have a better chance of responding in a timely manner to at least have a chance of survival.

Reality . . .all men are NOT created equal. Some are bigger, some smarter, some taller . . . .these differences lead to conflict and killings. Just the way it is . . .people are weapons and have been killing each other since the beginning.

Fantasy . . .people will all love one another and live in harmony one day, without weapons and without killing.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen

M&M

Post by M&M » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:43 pm

I haven't been on here for a while. I thought this was a friendly place to hang out. I guess I was wrong, at least it used to be. It is so sad to see folks stooping to name calling and personal attacks.
M&M

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:09 am

M&M wrote:I haven't been on here for a while. I thought this was a friendly place to hang out. I guess I was wrong, at least it used to be. It is so sad to see folks stooping to name calling and personal attacks.
Actually, that was part of the reason this section was created . . . .we needed a place to vent. :)

We still love each other in the OT section . . .some people just take things a little personal. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen

xsh0tya

Post by xsh0tya » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 pm

sumner4991 wrote: Explosives have been outlawed for a long time, yet, are still available for those mad enough to use them.
Airplanes . . .the solution to that was to put air marshals on board . . .so far, so good.
Lets talk about automobiles . . .1137 deaths this year(so far) in the state of Georgia alone. An automobile is the most widely available killing machine on the planet.
I can't remember the last time I was in walmart and bought some c4. :roll:
When is the last time you took an airplane anywhere? They completely changed security policies around the entire world! Adding some air marshals on a few flights is inaccurate. They looked at security for all passengers and violating personal rights last. Hence the invasive searches and liquid restrictions, to name a few.
Lets talk about automobiles, not like they are regulations and safety requirements there... :roll: Besides comparing oranges to apples, wrong on so many levels.
I will be willing to bet that more folk enjoy their automobiles than their M60 machine guns. So you may want to tailor your argument to drugs. 8) :wink: :idea: