Bratwurst

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
DrDan

Bratwurst

Post by DrDan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Just received my order of 40 brats from Sheboygan Bratwurst Company www.bratwurst.net and even though it is colder than a well diggers ass in Siberia I'm grilling brats tonight. If you want the best from Sheboygan the capital of brats log onto their website and order a few. Very highly recommended for you sausage lovers.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan

IronNoggin

Re: Bratwurst

Post by IronNoggin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:20 pm

2 lbs. 80% lean pork shoulder (Boston butt)
2 lbs venison
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground mace
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup cold milk
2 whole eggs, beaten
1 cup non-fat dry milk powder (as a binder)
Trim the pork and deer, cut it all into 1 inch cubes, and grind it twice through the fine plate of your sausage grinder.
Combine the spices and mix with the 1 cup of cold milk and the beaten eggs.
Pour the spice, milk, and egg combination into the ground meat and mix thoroughly for at least 2 minutes. Use your hands for mixing to assure even distribution.
Add the milk powder to the mixture and combine it all thoroughly. At this point you can pass the finished sausage mixture once more through the meat grinder if you so choose.
Once the sausage is fully mixed, stuff it right away into 32-35 mm hog or collagen casings and refrigerate or freeze immediately.

:twisted:

Love Them!!! :D
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Hot Pepper Dude

Re: Bratwurst

Post by Hot Pepper Dude » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:46 am

Hey Iron Noggin. Think I'm going to give your recipe a try. Sounds delicious. I bought a commercial duty grinder from Cabelas, and am getting into processing my own meat products. One thing I am going to add to the mix is hot pepper.

Thanks for sharing, H.P.D.