Thoughts and Prayers needed ... Update :(

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
XcaliburFX

Thoughts and Prayers needed ... Update :(

Post by XcaliburFX » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Been having a pretty tough time for the last few months (longer really but let's just keep it at a few), but really not so good this month.

Currently my brother is in the ICU at Emory Mid Town, he underwent a triple by-pass surgery on the 11th of this month and with his health conditions things did not go simply as planned. His heart was enlarged (massive according to the surgeon) and his lungs about gone from many years of smoking (hasn't smoked in 8 years, but the damage was done). Surgery went fairly well, but with the size of his heart and his lung issues upon closing they had to insert a balloon or sorts to help his heart beat.

They get him to ICU and start checking him in and discover that the balloon had cut the circulation off to his legs. They had to immediately reopen the chest and had no choice, but to leave it open (for what turned out to be 13 days) so his heart could beat and his lungs were not crushed by it's weight. They had him sedated to a mild coma state, and under a paralytic drug to keep him from moving and causing damage to himself.

Finally on the 24th they were able to close him back up and remove the ventilator and insert a trach. They are afraid he may have had a stroke during surgery, but are yet unsure, as they have not been able to take him to get a ct yet (due to his very precarious condition. Stable and resting for now, a few ups and downs, but time will tell.

At any rate I ask that your remember him in your thoughts and prayers.

Meanwhile at the home front, I myself have been having some crazy issues for several years with sudden very high spikes in my blood pressure and heart rate, accompanied by what I can only explain as a sensation of liquid bengay, icey hot or blue mineral ice being poured over my entire body. Trust me when this feeling comes on, it is a wild ride and I hit stroke levels within seconds to minutes. Usually I run a 120-135 over 55-65 BP and a pulse of 55-65, but when this happens we hit the 200's over 100's and 100+ pulse at times, last was 137 pulse. I take some meds I have and do my breathing exercises and usually back to normal within 45 mins or so. When it first started in 2010 it was daily 1-3 times a day, slowly up to now it has gotten where it happens maybe once a month sometimes twice and sometimes only once in maybe two -3 months. No rhyme or reason why, nothing crazy happening, not angry, scared or doing anything very strenuous at all. It sometimes wakes me up from a dead sleep.

Well, I had stress and stress echo tests in 2010 when it first began and everything was fine. Recently I began seeing a new heart Dr and passed the EKG, and echo cardiogram tests but the Lexiscan Stress test did not come back normal this time. It indicates I (may) have a moderate to severe blockage in the front of my heart, only a heart cath will tell, will be seeing the Dr Friday to discuss things.

Now, here is the kicker, I asked the Dr if this could be causing my crazy rise in BP and the wild sensations that accompany them. His answer was "No, I do not think it is related." I was told to stay stress free and do nothing strenuous until things were taken care of.

Stress free ... LOL >>> Don't I wish! I may have to sell one or two of Excalibur Crossbows just to pay someone else to do what I need to be doing outside in the yard and to repair things that need repairing.

Turkey season has started and I just hope I get to at least enjoy one or two relaxing hunts, before procedures begin.

So, if you wouldn't mind please include me in those thoughts and prayers as well as my brother. Who knows I may be joining him if things don't get better quick.

Thanks and my you be Blessed,
Vic
Last edited by XcaliburFX on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
Black Eagle Arrows Field Staff 2019

hankenhunter

Re: Thoughts and Prayers needed.

Post by hankenhunter » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:08 pm

That sucks big time! Prayers for you and your brother on their way.
Hank

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:22 am

You and your brother are in my thoughts and prayers.

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:11 am

Vic, prayers sent for you, and your brother. Stay strong for him, and yourself brother.
Matrix 380 (Max) Nikon P3 / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3
Vortex (Kix) Nikon P3 / TT Single Stage Trigger

j.krug

Post by j.krug » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:24 am

Sorry to hear you are having a rough go right now. Hoping for the best for you and your bro. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads

frisky

Post by frisky » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Prayers sent!
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting

XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 am

Thank you all so very much :)

It looks like a minimum of 6 months in a special unit in the hospital and then, a rehab center and finally home health once he gets to come home. They told his daughters, they know he will get better, but for now their dad is the sickest person at Emory Midtown. Now, that is a worrisome piece to be told.

Again thank you all.

Vic
Assassin 360 Strata

Tim50

Post by Tim50 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:59 pm

Thoughts & prayers for you & your family!!

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:35 pm

Woah!! Been so damn busy with my own issues I somehow missed this.

Prayers, Hope and Karma on the way FX!
My Lady and I sincerely hope this turns around for both you, your Brother and the Family!

Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:41 am

best wishes for you and your brother. prayers sent from the wife and I .
W.M.

XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:48 pm

Thanks folks, it does mean a lot.

My brother is doing some better and may actually be moving to rehab this coming week. So, that is good, maybe he will surprise them and be out much sooner than they believe.

Me, according to my Dr for anything to show up on the test they did it would have to be a 70% or more blockage. I will be most likely going to Emory University Hospital soon for a second opinion and most likely a heart cath to make sure of what is or isn't there.

Thanks again,
Vic Mc
Assassin 360 Strata

munch

Post by munch » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:29 pm

vic sorry to hear about both you and your brother and hope things start to turn around soon ,thinking of both of you terry
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:00 pm

We be prayin fer y'all, fer a full recovery.
Limb Breakin Half Bubble Off BD360
Marie Laveau MXB Charge Banshee MXB320
Awshucks Relayer 25
[email protected] 417-505-9315

DaGriz

Post by DaGriz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:01 am

Wishing you and your brother the best and speedy recovery
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!

XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks folks for the many thoughts and prayers, they are much higher appreciated.

Update.

My brother is still in icu at Emory, doing better, the Dr's just not quite ready to send him to a lesser care room.

Me, I just returned from pre-op and go Monday for a Heart Cath to see what is going on with my ticker.

Vic
Assassin 360 Strata