What is a Liberal?

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
Post Reply
Smong2000
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: Vermont

What is a Liberal?

Post by Smong2000 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:27 am

Serious question :wtf:
I can point to one when I see them (I think) but can't really define them. If you ask them they will tell you that they are following the teachings of Jesus and that sounds like a good thing but is it really? I mean all the compassion, loving your neighbor and treating people the way you want to be treated stuff sounds great but in practice how can it possibly work in our society? :eusa-think:

User avatar
bigbowman
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Ripon, WI

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by bigbowman » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:52 pm

Sorry buy liberals are not true Christians! Liberals are the ones that has removed God and religion from our country! Liberals want people to be politically correct! Liberals wants it’s citizens to depend on the government! Just my opinion of course.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Gen 1)
Trophy Ridge XV530IR Scope
16.5” Zombie Slayer Arrows
Muzzy HB Ti Broadheads

Mission MXB 360
Trophy Ridge XV530IR Scope
22” BE Executioner Arrows
RaptorTrick Broadheads

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3253
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by janesy » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:02 pm

Isn't your first amendment in place to separate church and state? :wtf:
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3253
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by janesy » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:46 pm

Smong2000 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:27 am
Serious question :wtf:
I can point to one when I see them (I think) but can't really define them. If you ask them they will tell you that they are following the teachings of Jesus and that sounds like a good thing but is it really? I mean all the compassion, loving your neighbor and treating people the way you want to be treated stuff sounds great but in practice how can it possibly work in our society? :eusa-think:
The real truth, regardless of where your from or what your religion or political choosings are, is that partisan politics are an extremely wasteful and expensive way to run a society.
It takes all kinds to create and maintain a fully functioning society, which included the best ideas from both right and left.
Oddly enough this popular method of governing has taken hold of almost every 1st world country and we really are no further ahead for it. If nothong else it's getting worse.

But to answer your question directly, Canada has tons of Liberals, but I've only ever met one who admitted it outright :lol:
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

paulaboutform
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by paulaboutform » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:54 pm

To take a page from Ironnoggin's book, a 'Liberal' holds a doctrine of political correctness, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous, mainstream media, proposing that it is completely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

bdog
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: between here and there
Contact:

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by bdog » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:12 am

A Liberal is an open minded person, they're so open minded.... their brains fell out
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com

Smong2000
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: Vermont

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by Smong2000 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:19 pm

janesy wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:02 pm
Isn't your first amendment in place to separate church and state? :wtf:
It used to be...just not anymore.

I might be a dreaded "liberal' because I'm a little open minded but not so much that my brain fell out. But I might be a 'conservative' because I follow the 10 Commandments and obey the laws of the land.

See goodness in everything, respect everyone even when you don't agree, listen thoughtfully and try to learn from every situation, try to make someone else feel good especially if we disagree. You could say that's a definition of politcal correctness I suppose. And what's wrong with trying to keep your hands as clean as possible when you are picking up turds?

To me, it's less about a person's definition as long as they can see goodness in others, are principled, and not hateful. Lots of really good and nice 'Conservatives' and 'Liberals'. It would be an awful life to automatically prejudge, hate, distrust, or dislike half of the people you may meet.

xcaliber
Posts: 10641
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by xcaliber » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Liberals, or Leftists in my book are extreme in most everything they want others to do. Take that idiot Bernie for example, and his dumb biach AOC. Bernie likes communism, and the green new deal for everyone, but not his three house, oh no! Here is a guy that never had a job, 40 years in politics with millions of dollars, and no accomplishments yet he's going to tell me to downsize, walk everywhere, and close all the private medical providers, and insurance companies. A bit extreme I might say. The idiot, Joe. Another lifetime politician with millions, and he's going to change the gun laws, and whatever else our freedoms provide.
Let's talk about this crazy law where parents can be arrested for denying their children, 8 years old I should add treatment for gender reassignment surgery. I'm sorry, but sex, or anything involved in it is nobody's business. It's illegal for me to ask my neighbor's wife if she like the Cleveland Steamer for God's sake. A child cannot decide what they want, and this could be more confusing than anything. A child wants to be a cop today, and a doctor tomorrow. Nobody should be able to be what they were not born as until they are of legal age and can make the decision without anyone's influence, and don't tell me how to parent my fu____g kids!
The 13%/90%, and don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. It's time to deal with this CRISIS. You cannot go to the malls in my area anymore, they are overrun by a bunch of unruly teens of a certain demographic that nobody wants to deal with, yet we have to give them reparations? WTF. Come on folks, we pay an unbelievable amount of money for illegal immigrants yet we can't control the problem because we don't want to be politically biased, what a bunch of chit! My benefits that I paid my whole for are in danger because Rodello doesn't want to live in Guatemala anymore! I'm supposed to support sanctuary cities where everyone is breaking Federal Law with my Social Security? F-__k them, send them home. What about the laws for homeless people, especially California? I can't loiter outside a bar waiting to get a ride home, and can be arrested, but if I pitch a tent, and chit in the street, it's OK?
Cops cannot protect themselves, or the population because of sensationalism, not journalism. The mainstream media leaves out important details when reporting issues to agitate the population into political arenas where manipulation is the main goal, fu_k reporting the actual news. We have a dead whistle blower from the Obama era that is suspected of suicide, but fishy circumstances surround the case yet mainstream media does not report this. Why? Is there something to hide? The royals involved with Epstein, that pretty much faded, the threats by Schumer to two justices, where is that coverage?
As long as the mainstream media and the radical left can control the public these things won't change. We should demand unbiased reporting, and governing. The GOP has an idea to sell off unused government buildings an properties to net 15 BILLION dollars over 5 years, yet the Dems won't support it, why not? I could go on for hours, but the people that vote don't really want know the truth, they are complacent with the lies told to them by the mainstream media, and will not lift a finger to find the facts. If I could say one more thing that burns my balls it's this. The mainstream media must have said this ten thousand times in a month, yet it is complete BS. They kept saying the DEBUNKED BIDEN THEORY while the Dems were attacking Trump, yet there is no evidence what so ever of an investigation. Who, or how then did this get debunked? Did Biden debunk it, or Obama, Hillary maybe? If I could ask you folks to pull your head out of your arse, and get the facts before election time, would you please?
Matrix 330 - Doing Good in the Neighborhood!
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage Trigger
Matrix 380 (Max) Redfield Revenge / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3 Will be completed 8-31-19

paulaboutform
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by paulaboutform » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:31 am

Dan, well said indeed! :clap: :thumbup:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

User avatar
AJ01
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:09 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by AJ01 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:52 pm

janesy wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:02 pm
Isn't your first amendment in place to separate church and state? :wtf:
The "separation of church and State" as written by Jefferson never intended the two to be polar opposites of one another. Just stay out of each others business. Our ancestors (USA) having departed from a tyrannical rule where the Church of England ran EVEYTHING.... found our "founding fathers" wanting the government left out of the church. And with that thought or standard, the government COULD NOT interfere with church rules, doctrine or worship. NOR could the Church interfere with the Government.
In other words, the Government COULD NOT ESTABLISH A RELIGON, (like it had in England), that mandated who, what, when, where or why people gathered in the name of Christianity, but in truth to actually serve the government.
Nor could the Church run the government.
Therefore the phraseology was added that stated "there must be a separation of church and State"

Each "State" here in the USA has self-rule in place. (They, the State) make their own laws. There is no "one law applies to all states" mentally. It's actually called the "Federation of States". And it is Constitutionally guaranteed!! :thumbup:

Jefferson NEVER intended the actual "separation" as we see it today. It has been distorted by various courts over the past decades to the point hardly anyone recognizes it any more.
Separation of the two merely means that a "free people" can worship any where, any time, and the Federal Government CANNOT interfere in any shape, form, or fashion. End of clause.

Why do you think the preamble to OUR Constitution starts with, "WE, the people, in order to form a more perfect Union"... And not "They", the government? Cause OUR Founding Fathers were men of GREAT vision, striving for a greater tomorrow, for all our citizens, not just a select few.

And I am neither Democrat or Republican. I am a Constitutionalist. Forget your ideologies, it is the Constitution which must stand as law. If it does NOT, we will all be plunged into chaos and tyranny.

Jefferson wrote; "Any government that is strong enough to give you all you want, is strong enough to TAKE all you have"!!!!

That my friend, is a very basic description of "separation of CHURCH and State".

Look at Hillsdale College. To me (JMHO), they are the premiere college for the study of the US Constitution.
I find them VERY enlightening!!

AJ
"No matter how big a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people"!! :eusa-deadhorse:
"Howdy" and Happy Hunting from the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :wave:
Micro Suppressor 355 :mrgreen:

User avatar
AJ01
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:09 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by AJ01 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:54 pm

paulaboutform wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:31 am
Dan, well said indeed! :clap: :thumbup:

Paul
I must admit...I think you have struck the nail on the proverbial head!! :clap: :thumbup: :lol:
"No matter how big a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people"!! :eusa-deadhorse:
"Howdy" and Happy Hunting from the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :wave:
Micro Suppressor 355 :mrgreen:

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3253
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by janesy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:52 pm

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:52 pm
janesy wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:02 pm
Isn't your first amendment in place to separate church and state? :wtf:
The "separation of church and State" as written by Jefferson never intended the two to be polar opposites of one another. Just stay out of each others business. Our ancestors (USA) having departed from a tyrannical rule where the Church of England ran EVEYTHING.... found our "founding fathers" wanting the government left out of the church. And with that thought or standard, the government COULD NOT interfere with church rules, doctrine or worship. NOR could the Church interfere with the Government.
In other words, the Government COULD NOT ESTABLISH A RELIGON, (like it had in England), that mandated who, what, when, where or why people gathered in the name of Christianity, but in truth to actually serve the government.
Nor could the Church run the government.
Therefore the phraseology was added that stated "there must be a separation of church and State"

Each "State" here in the USA has self-rule in place. (They, the State) make their own laws. There is no "one law applies to all states" mentally. It's actually called the "Federation of States". And it is Constitutionally guaranteed!! :thumbup:

Jefferson NEVER intended the actual "separation" as we see it today. It has been distorted by various courts over the past decades to the point hardly anyone recognizes it any more.
Separation of the two merely means that a "free people" can worship any where, any time, and the Federal Government CANNOT interfere in any shape, form, or fashion. End of clause.

Why do you think the preamble to OUR Constitution starts with, "WE, the people, in order to form a more perfect Union"... And not "They", the government? Cause OUR Founding Fathers were men of GREAT vision, striving for a greater tomorrow, for all our citizens, not just a select few.

And I am neither Democrat or Republican. I am a Constitutionalist. Forget your ideologies, it is the Constitution which must stand as law. If it does NOT, we will all be plunged into chaos and tyranny.

Jefferson wrote; "Any government that is strong enough to give you all you want, is strong enough to TAKE all you have"!!!!

That my friend, is a very basic description of "separation of CHURCH and State".

Look at Hillsdale College. To me (JMHO), they are the premiere college for the study of the US Constitution.
I find them VERY enlightening!!

AJ
Freedom from persecution of religion. We read that document the same way. :thumbup:
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
Carnivorous
Posts: 3053
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:56 pm
Location: Belleriver Ontario

Re: What is a Liberal?

Post by Carnivorous » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Image
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post Reply