CORONAVIRUS SCARE- INFORMATION WE ARE NOT RECEIVING

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
grouse

Re: CORONAVIRUS SCARE- INFORMATION WE ARE NOT RECEIVING

Post by grouse » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:53 am

Perhaps the reason we had high death tolls from past epidemics is that we did little or nothing to prevent the spread. I'm 71, have never spent the night in a hospital and am on no prescription drugs. You could say I'm lucky (you're right) but I say eating venison and other healthy foods, working out regularly and consciously trying to make good health decisions may postpone the day when something takes me down.

I'm not hibernating, but I'm staying home more than usual and avoiding crowds. Washing my hands more than usual and trying not to touch my face doesn't bother me at all. I'll probably spend more time at my farm than I normally would this time of year. The nursing home where my 94 year old mother lives is closed to visitors and I support their decision.

For those who like to view this politically, consider this. Two weeks ago our president said this situation is a democratic hoax. Yesterday he declared a national emergency. Which is it?
axiom
350 SE

SEW

Post by SEW » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:06 pm

We Arkansans don’t over react.

Boo

Post by Boo » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:29 pm

Can we stop with the politics?
If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
If I could love like a dog does, I would have a pure conscience.
Grief is the price we pay for love QE2

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:33 pm

SEW wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:48 am
Boo quote: “I won't blame the media. Remember the ammo shortage? It's idiotic people who are over compensating. “

I was in a sporting goods store two days ago, and powder, bullets, cartridges were bulging off shelves and very reasonably priced. A year or two ago, these very shelves were normally empty. When the limited ammo, powder, etc, situation existed, they were scarfed up at very inflated prices. Now, those items are likely still unused, sitting in safes, cabinets, etc. Who won, who lost? Sterile wipes, face masks, hand sanitizer, going at many times their regular prices, etc. A parallel?

A cyber or EMF attack or even a trade war could disrupt distribution of various goods for an indefinite period. This isn’t a bad time to have a few weeks/months of non-perishable essentials in storage plus a reasonable supply of cash in a home(Gun) safe. Water purification tablets are not to be overlooked. We keep such a stock of this here and slowly go thru it but replenish as we use. Doomsdayers, no, but but being prepared for a limited event, yes.

Moderation is usually the best course of action. Bet you Canadians really like our nice USA moderate approach to everything. :D
Steve....watching the news yesterday morning they said that the CORONAVIRUS does not live on paper....it can live on cloth....and guess what...our "dead presidents" are made of cloth...cancel hording cash....unless you have a ton of Canadian Monopoly Money....just saying! :eusa-doh:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
2-AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Boo wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:29 pm
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:45 pm

I think we are living the Stephen King novel "The Stand"!!!! :crazy:
"No matter how big a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people"!! :eusa-deadhorse:
"Howdy" and Happy Hunting from the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :wave:
Micro Suppressor 355 :mrgreen:

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:10 pm

....a radiologist and and internist came in....they said they know of more cases in their practices and from reading CAT scans than are being reported.... :eusa-doh:

....one of the doctors went so far as to say he wouldn't be surprised if the schools do not reopen this year :shock:

....also, a diner, but 2 miles from here had to shut down as one of their bakers tested positive....apparently they are advising all patrons who have eaten at the diner to self quarantine.... :wtf: :cry:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
2-AXE 340
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

jd4223

Post by jd4223 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:11 pm

Boo wrote:
When the Lib Media stops making this political. Like I posted before,why didn't the media give H1N1(Swine Flu) the same coverage and doom and gloom reporting when that virus infected 60-80 million Americans? 1 reason,President Obama a Democrat/first African American President(a TRAITOR in my opinion). Mr. Obama didn't even come close to addressing the virus in comparison to President Trumps handling of the Coronavirus yet was does the Lib Media continue to do? Do you see the Lib Media supporting President Trumps efforts to calm the American people during this crisis? Just the opposite. The Lib Media is totally responsible for the tanking of the stock market and the panic the public experiences. Nothing but negative reports by the Lib Media 24/7. Like I stated in previous posts wait until the mass testing results are known. Do you think the Lib Media will down play the results in comparison to the known 60-80 million people who were infected with the H1N1 virus? Just the opposite. Like I said before. This is the Libs and the No Trumpers wet dream hoping this will take down President Trump...

Species8472

Post by Species8472 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:29 pm

No worries i got this self isolation thing down:

Steps:

1. Drive 4 hours north
2, Unload snowmobile and than go 1 hour into the backcountry
3. Once you are sure nearest person is 25+ km away set up
4. Have Fun

Guaranteed to prevent infection and precludes infecting others if you are infected. As a contingency bring at least one handle of whiskey to cover emergency throat disinfection.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend

Boo

Post by Boo » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:32 pm

jd4223 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:11 pm
Boo wrote:
When the Lib Media stops making this political. Like I posted before,why didn't the media give H1N1(Swine Flu) the same coverage and doom and gloom reporting when that virus infected 60-80 million Americans? 1 reason,President Obama a Democrat/first African American President(a TRAITOR in my opinion). Mr. Obama didn't even come close to addressing the virus in comparison to President Trumps handling of the Coronavirus yet was does the Lib Media continue to do? Do you see the Lib Media supporting President Trumps efforts to calm the American people during this crisis? Just the opposite. The Lib Media is totally responsible for the tanking of the stock market and the panic the public experiences. Nothing but negative reports by the Lib Media 24/7. Like I stated in previous posts wait until the mass testing results are known. Do you think the Lib Media will down play the results in comparison to the known 60-80 million people who were infected with the H1N1 virus? Just the opposite. Like I said before. This is the Libs and the No Trumpers wet dream hoping this will take down President Trump...
GO AWAY AND TAKE YOUR POISON WITH YOU!
If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
If I could love like a dog does, I would have a pure conscience.
Grief is the price we pay for love QE2

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:37 pm

jd4223 wrote:
Boo wrote:
I cannot watch any mainstream media, I get too upset, and my heart rate increases to a dangerous level. I'm not talking politics, I'm near Gary, Indiana, and Chighetto, Il. Too much bad news. Try to relax man, the Coronavirus is our main focus right now, election day is way out, and people can see what's up.
Matrix 330 - Doing Good in the Neighborhood!
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage Trigger
Matrix 380 (Max) Redfield Revenge / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3 Will be completed 8-31-19

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:04 pm

Trying to stop the politics boo....l asked a question about the new hha optimizer....but no one cares ?
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:16 pm

jd4223 wrote:

1 reason,President Obama a Democrat/first African American President(a TRAITOR in my opinion).
Racist B...... And I’m out of here!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

amythntr

Post by amythntr » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:10 pm

.....a few towns over that shut down the whole town down....in the Town of Teneck!....as 14 people tested positive.....wow!

.....and I thought "War of the Worlds" was scary! :wtf:

A360 (l'Assassino)
2-AXE 340
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:10 am

This started out for a call for more information . Enough with pirating of a post for political purposes !!
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus