Canadian Gun Ban

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
IronNoggin

Re: Canadian Gun Ban

Post by IronNoggin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 pm

Should government use an Order In Council (OIC) to fulfill a campaign promise? Is it an abuse of power by government, misusing the authority of the Governor General (Sovereign representative), under the advice of a Minister? And should the Attorney General intervene, despite the fact the Attorney General is also the Minister of Justice, to ensure the Crown has not been placed in disrepute and to protect the rule of law?

https://www.rangebob.com/Canada/ElizabethMarshall_OIC.html

Somewhat lengthy, but very worthwhile read.

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:26 pm

Alberta Vows to Defend Gun Rights Against Trudeau’s Attacks

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney vowed today to use the Canadian Constitution, provincial regulations and possibly a lawsuit to defend the rights of hunters, farmers and sport shooters against the federal Liberal Party’s attacks.

https://thegunblog.ca/2020/06/03/alberta-vows-to-defend-gun-rights-against-trudeaus-attacks/
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

janesy

Post by janesy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:59 pm

IronNoggin wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:26 pm
Alberta Vows to Defend Gun Rights Against Trudeau’s Attacks

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney vowed today to use the Canadian Constitution, provincial regulations and possibly a lawsuit to defend the rights of hunters, farmers and sport shooters against the federal Liberal Party’s attacks.

https://thegunblog.ca/2020/06/03/alberta-vows-to-defend-gun-rights-against-trudeaus-attacks/
Pay attention Doug, there is more to Ontario than Toronto.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:35 pm

Shockey Speaks Up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VK8vQbFcxc

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:52 pm

The MADNESS continues! Suspects charged with extremely serious firearms charges after shooting at RCMP - released:

https://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/news/local-news/high-prairie-rcmp-lay-charges-against-three-after-shots-fired-at-police

Instead, lets take the guns away from legal owners...
Complete CROCK!
Nog

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:45 pm

IronNoggin wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:35 pm
Shockey Speaks Up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VK8vQbFcxc
I'm a proud member of the CCFR and will be for life!!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

gab

Post by gab » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:49 pm

I too am a member of the CCFR; all gun owners in Canada should consider joining.

Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:04 pm

Trudeau is a blubbering idiot. Shockey says he would die for him? Wow!
Maybe he meant he would kill him...
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360

janesy

Post by janesy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:34 pm

Hillcountry wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:04 pm
I understand what he meant by that. BUT... In this case Justin is NOT my PM. I would not do anything for him let alone die for him.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:05 am

janesy wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:34 pm
Hillcountry wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:04 pm
I understand what he meant by that. BUT... In this case Justin is NOT my PM. I would not do anything for him let alone die for him.
I understand as well (patriotism. Etc.) I pray that you wonderful Canadian people can get together to oust your present govt. and elect someone that respects individual’s rights and freedoms.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:43 pm

Sitkaspruce

Post by Sitkaspruce » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:54 pm

How did the RCMP figure out who to send this letter to?

My wife got one today and she doesn't even own a gun!! I have not seen one yet, but I assume it is coming!

Wonder how much this is costing the tax payers and why they feel the need to spend the $$$ do a mass mail out. I thought the Communist Broadcasting Corporation does their bidding to inform the public??????

I think I will write return to sender on mine

Cheers

SS

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:53 pm

Sitkaspruce wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:54 pm
How did the RCMP figure out who to send this letter to?
They are sending these out to everyone who has a PAL or RPAL. Your wife must have one of those no??

The estimated cost is slightly north of four million dollars.

Many of us are increasing that number by marking them up as I indicated above, and sending them back in to the PMO and Blair's office.
Their dime.

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:57 pm

The question is, given a domestic historical record showing the lack of a causal nexus between gun control and crime reduction, why the federal government is so intent on taking firearms out of the hands of law-abiding Canadians?

https://legalmatterscanada.ca/the-past-has-proven-how-gun-control-can-fail-to-hit-the-mark/

The more than obvious answer relates to much of what the focus of this present "government" is: Vote Pandering at all costs.

Nog

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:14 pm